By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES REMIX 1+2 Box Art ! I want it too :/

kupomogli said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
BraveNewWorld said:
I don't get Nintendo's DLC philosophy. Why waste time and money to create and distribute physical copies? They only do this for Wii U, too. Nintendo doesn't pull nonsense like this by bundling Pushmo and Crashmo into physical copies...

If they keep doing it then it must be working for them, also this is kinda similar to Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection which sold over 3m physical copies.

Except that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection was 49 full games.  Not challenges that take place on parts of each game.

I haven't played them, but NES Remix just seems like robbery.  With Retro Game Challenge, even though you did a bunch of challenges on each game, you unlocked the full game.  Nintendo's NES Remix are small challenges in hopes that Nintendo will sucker a player into buying their extremely overpriced virtual console games.

NES remix is actually well worth the money. Its two parts to the games The remix part and the collection part

And no they're not small challenges all of them. Its a fully featured fleshed out title. Play it first

Besides, if Nintendo was ripping people off, that would have spread quick on miiverse and people would stop buying it. But they didnt.

Nintendo doesnt like ripping people off. Just look at their Free to PLay games. 

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
What a waste of time, honestly. Does anyone here actually give a damn?

Japan only.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Nintendo doesnt like ripping people off.

^ They litterally call Free to PLay, FRee to Start because that what the shit other devs do when it comes to gaming.

They're consoles are backwards compatible, dont charge for online, you get your games stolen they replace it for you or they give you the equivalent in cash

Plus they have a customer loyalty rewards program.

They've been in gaming for 35 years now. If you think their Virtual console prices are a rip off then sure. But people will pay what they think shit is worth ( Me? I dont buy VC games)

Unless their GBA games .

kupomogli said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Nintendo doesnt like ripping people off.

....they aren´t worse than anyone else in the industry.

Sony and Nintendo both have their money grabbing sheningans (Sony´s online passes, season passes vs. Nintendo´s virtual console games costing an arm and a leg etc)

They don´t rip anyone off.

... why don´t you explain your point instead of posting an overused reaction gif ?

Around the Network

I'm getting this, because it looks like fun and I like the package design. (I'm a huge Famicom nerd.)
I expect it to be 2300-2500 Yen in retail, so it's not that bad.
I don't like to pluck down 3000 Yen for downloadable titles.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Currently playing the first game and it's really nice! I'm looking forward to Remix 2 but I wouldn't buy a physical copy. In my opinion the games are much more suited to be downloaded because you play them for short bursts and then do something else. I wouldn't want to swap discs (and wait for the game to load) for a 5-10 minutes play session.

WiiU graphx is on par with NES confirmed.

kupomogli said:

I haven't played them, but NES Remix just seems like robbery.  With Retro Game Challenge, even though you did a bunch of challenges on each game, you unlocked the full game.  Nintendo's NES Remix are small challenges in hopes that Nintendo will sucker a player into buying their extremely overpriced virtual console games.

From what I know, the first NES Remix is supposed to have over 200 challenges taken from 16 games, and a lot of these challenges are full stages played in specific conditions, not just short tasks. That sounds like a good deal to me for $ 15 bucks. Assuming you still disagree, have you considered the possibility of just not being interested in the concept itself rather than it being a "robbery" ?

And if it incentivizes people to play more NES games, then great ! The NES is full of great games that don't deserve to be forgotten, in my opinion at least, some of them among my favorite games ever. Whether people play them through the VC, track the original games/ports, or pirate them is secondary to me. Either way, there's a lot of fun to be had.

I would love a cheap physical

Switch!!!