By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot gives a 6/10 to DKC: Tropical Freeze

Somini said:
Told you the meta for this game wouldn't be higher than 70, after the first reviews came in. I think this game is rushed, hence the bad scores.

If not for the game draught on the WiiU, this game could've afforded to launch later and be better received.

since your soooooo confident why dont you put your money where your mouth is (in this case sig control). We bet, yu win if it gets 70 or lower i win if it gets a 71 or higher

Around the Network

Pros:

+ Technically and mechanically sound
+ Beautiful art design
+ Fun and exciting level design
+ David Wise

Cons:
- This is a waste of Retro's time

5/10

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Lol.

Regardless of the reasoning behind; this seems downright strange. I honestly can't believe it deserves such a mediocre score.

tbone51 said:
Somini said:
Told you the meta for this game wouldn't be higher than 70, after the first reviews came in. I think this game is rushed, hence the bad scores.

If not for the game draught on the WiiU, this game could've afforded to launch later and be better received.

since your soooooo confident why dont you put your money where your mouth is (in this case sig control). We bet, yu win if it gets 70 or lower i win if it gets a 71 or higher

Why should i make a bet about a prediction just because you don't agree with it? Search for another means of ''proving'' how right you are. I'm predicting this and your bias is not going to change my mind.

Around the Network
Somini said:
tbone51 said:
Somini said:

Why should i make a bet about a prediction just because you don't agree with it? Search for another means of ''proving'' how right you are. I'm predicting this and your bias is not going to change my mind.

Essentially, to test how much you actually believe your own prediction.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Somini said:
tbone51 said:
Somini said:

Essentially, to test how much you actually believe your own prediction.

I have no need for that. I'm here to discuss the gamingmarket/ salesand, not gloat in being right. I use facts as a basis for my discussion and when there is not, i point out that i'm predicting based on what we've seen so far.

Somini said:
oniyide said:
Somini said:

but it was supposed to launch in November

I know. Nintendo was really caught off guard by this HD developing stuff. Almost all their game have been delayed multiple times now.

I remember people expecting Zelda WiiU early 2014, before the console had launched, but now we don't even have a release date for it!

I dont know who thought Zelda would be out early 2014, but that was wishful thinking and straight lacking common sense to me. 

But they should have NEVER been caught off guard to begin with. Its not like HD development hasnt been going on for years.

If review scores weren't so inflated people would think a 5/10 wouldn't be so bad.  Playable and could possibly get some enjoyment out of it atleast.  Just below average.

oniyide said:
Somini said:
oniyide said:
Somini said:

but it was supposed to launch in November

I know. Nintendo was really caught off guard by this HD developing stuff. Almost all their game have been delayed multiple times now.

I remember people expecting Zelda WiiU early 2014, before the console had launched, but now we don't even have a release date for it!

I dont know who thought Zelda would be out early 2014, but that was wishful thinking and straight lacking common sense to me. 

But they should have NEVER been caught off guard to begin with. Its not like HD development hasnt been going on for years.

Well NIntendo has no experience with HD development. When everyone else was going through HD development growing pains, they were still developing in SD/ED for the Wii.