By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

tbone51 said:
vivster said:
Yakuzaice said:
vivster said:
Why such a good week for Vita?

This was the worst week so far this year.  It might appear better than in previous weeks because the other systems around it (XBO/WiiU/360) were pretty heavily overtracked in the US in January.

Yes, but accountiung for the overall drop of all platforms it was a better week for it.

everything else dropping does not make it do good though. And beside its not like wiiu+vita could sink as much as others did due to not having many sales to begin with :0

The truth is too hard to ackwoledge for me. Don't make me think :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The PS4 clears 2 million in Europe this week.

It's worrying to see hardware so low across so many platforms.

binary solo said:
small44 said:
osed125 said:
small44 said:

I don't agree that people who buy a last gen console and didn't buy a next gen console goes to smartphone,smartphone introduce a new model create very simple games   with a really low price the creation of this model create a new genre of gamers ,those gamers had never get a console and will never get one they will never accept to pay 40 dollars and console gamers will never stop buying console game and play only smartphone games.

Seriously do you thing people will stop playing call of duty game or god of war and strat playing Angry bird.

Those people will get older and won't play games anymore. However the newer generations definitely will play, and prefer, Angry Birds over Call of Duty and other AAA games. Don't feel like writing it down all over again, so here is how I imagine gaming in 10 years or so

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6065264

I believe smartphones games and consoles games will cohabitate console will not be dead somes kids will prefer to buy smartphones games some will prefer to buy consoles games.

Not dead, no, but expectations need to be moderated. Because there are other options for kids, and some kids who would have bought a console in past decades will buy tablet or smartphone instead it means consoles will shrink this generation and only grow modestly in future generations (if there are any more consoles of the type we have now. I think in soe ways the traditional game console is doomed, if not 9th gen then 10th gen. And we will be gaming through something that doesn't resemble the consoles of the '90s, '00s, and '10s .

For me moderate expectation is that consoles will still sell as well as it is now if it get the good support,high expectation is if consoles will stiill growing every generation.

You said kids who would buy a console will buy a smartphone instead that mean he never bought a console  before that proof console will not grow but will not shrink severely.

Like i said people are different taste said all people will because smartphone gamers because it's  cheap is just like all people will take the jobs that pay the most.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

PS4 is in cruise control, I can't wait to see the increase when it drops in Japan.

One is really showing signs that it needs a $399 kinect-free SKU...53k come on Microsoft...the only way I'll buy one is if a Kinect-free version comes out.

And Wii U? Jesus Christ it's at "mid-summer massive game drought" type numbers. 36,000 holy crap.

pezus said:
360 dead? Can't believe how quickly it went below 30k. It's not like One is stealing sales from it

Fun fact, both PS3 and 360 are down massively YoY.

09th Feb 2013

PS3 170,907 (-1%) 74,596,514
X360 133,157 (+9%) 75,717,186

X1 sales are respectable considering its the most expensive console on the market. That's an indication sales will be strong after price cuts. As was PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I'm kind of pissed that Sony isn't doing anything right now. If I were them I would have kick the XOne while it is down. I would have announced 2-3 more exclusive title and it would have been over for sure even before release in JP.

So I guess the first next gen title to break 1 million in the US will be XBone version of CoD. Not really surprising.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Is the PS4 number really that good or is everyone else just that bad? Also, this is exactly why people were saying the XB1 was in stock around Cmas. Its never a good sign for a console that released in NOV to be in "good supply" during 1st Christmas.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:
360 dead? Can't believe how quickly it went below 30k. It's not like One is stealing sales from it

09th Feb 2013

X1 sales are respectable considering its the most expensive console on the market. That's an indication sales will be strong after price cuts. As was PS3.

WROOOONG! Xbone sales a disaster. MS is going to have to announce a $399.00 kinectless bone at E3 at least a year before they wanted to drop the price. Also dropping one of the biggest features they were pimping. PS4 will easily be outselling the Xbone 3:1 and that's a best case scenario. Unless MS straight up buys exclusivity for every major franchise this thing is DOA.

eric89074 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:

09th Feb 2013

WROOOONG! Xbone sales a disaster. MS is going to have to announce a $399.00 kinectless bone at E3 at least a year before they wanted to drop the price. Also dropping one of the biggest features they were pimping. PS4 will easily be outselling the Xbone 3:1 and that's a best case scenario. Unless MS straight up buys exclusivity for every major franchise this thing is DOA.

I'm not sure about DOA but the XBone is in trouble. Sales were very respectable for both platforms through the holidays but the XB1 has dropped like a stone.

Titanfall will probably help the next month or so in NA but until Halo 5 drops I just can't see the XB1 picking up too much more and that is a problem.