By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what software do you use to capture games and your voice?

My son wants to make minecraft videos. I found fraps but wanted to know what y'all opinion is.

Around the Network

Whatever you capture it with, if you want a good free program to compress the video. Virtual Dub is awesome.

Is he old enough to actually be good at the game?

The proprietary PlayStation 4 OS, using the share option.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Nintentacle said:
Is he old enough to actually be good at the game?

Why does that matter.? If it makes him happy and in the process he learns new things like video editing, why would I discourage it?

Around the Network
eFKac said:
The proprietary PlayStation 4 OS, using the share option.

Thank you for the completely useless and bull shit dumb answer.

spurgeonryan said:
dazzle, but that is for old games.

where do you get fraps?

It was first result in Google search.

Fraps, but the videa files are HUGE! I have an external 1 tb hard drive dedicated to storing them.

I've never messed with recording me during gameplay.

Fraps is great but beware that it has quite an impact on your CPU and that the output files are gigantic, due to being uncompressed.

Fraps if it's minecraft on PC.

if it's the xbox 360 version you'd need something else that uses external cap cards.

Edit: But I believe Fraps is a subscription program. There are a lot of freeware stuff out there that might be better to use while his interest is in it's infant stage. If he gets more interested later on then paying for fraps might be the way to go........Thats just me though, don't throw money at things right away.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)