By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Vgchartz PC / "Next - Gen" Screenshot thread: Eye Melting Pixel Glory!

mind said:
"Far Cry 3 Ultra Settings / 8x MSAA Anti Aliasing / Downsampled from 4k resolution"

Funny, since there is no config(reasonable) on which you can play FC3 on Max set in 4K with even 25 avg fps))

Who said I was playing at higher than 25 fps?

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
BenVTrigger said:

Mirrors Edge Max Settings / 16x Anti Aliasing / Downsampled from 4k resolution

Wow, I forgot how good that game looks. So clean and bright. I have it sitting in my Steam library from a sale, haven't played it on PC yet. I think I will now.

Btw, for 16x AA there is a lot of stair stepping going on at the window frames for example? Is the downsampling introducing jaggies again?

Honestly not sure. 99% of the game has incredible image quality with these settings but there are a few surfaces that will still have a few jaggies. I toss it up to the game simply being decently old now so not all original textures / modeling is of super high quality. Overall the game looks gorgeous still though.

BenVTrigger said:
mind said:
"Far Cry 3 Ultra Settings / 8x MSAA Anti Aliasing / Downsampled from 4k resolution"

Funny, since there is no config(reasonable) on which you can play FC3 on Max set in 4K with even 25 avg fps))

No one, it's just creates an impression that it's playable on PC, while it's not.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
mind said:
BenVTrigger said:
mind said:

No one, it's just creates an impression that it's playable on PC, while it's not.

25 fps is playable.....stutters but you can quite easily play a game at 25 fps.

And who gives a shit about playability? This is a screenshot thread Im posting the most beautiful shots i possibly can. This thread has zero to do with gameplay

BenVTrigger said:
mind said:
BenVTrigger said:
mind said:

And who gives a shit about playability? This is a screenshot thread Im posting the most beautiful shots i possibly can. This thread has zero to do with gameplay

According to this, you should have less than 20 avg fps in 4K(2mp more than their max. test res.)

It's just i want to play this beatiful game in 4K too, but there is no opportunity yet.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
Around the Network
mind said:
BenVTrigger said:
mind said:
BenVTrigger said:
mind said:

According to this, you should have less than 20 avg fps in 4K(2mp more than their max. test res.)

It's just i want to play this beatiful game in 4K too, but there is no opportunity yet.

This is flat out wrong i get 65 - 70 FPS on Mirrors Edge with 16x Anti Aliasing, Max Settings, and 4k. Far cry only runs low due to it being open world. In fact its the only game I've every played that I can't 30 fps or higher at 4k.

Edit: also that link you posted doesn't take into consideration overclocking. Both my GPU and CPU are overclocked.

Edit 2: Just saw you said THIS game referring to Far Cry, my apologies. 

How would I go about getting screenshots from the Xbox One? I have SkyDrive, just renamed OneDrive for whatever reason... If that helps. Here, have a vid of mine from Forza!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=91CAEAD6E33F89FA%21134

ironmanDX said:

How would I go about getting screenshots from the Xbox One? I have SkyDrive, just renamed OneDrive for whatever reason... If that helps. Here, have a vid of mine from Forza!

You would have to have a capture card I belive, not sure of any other way though there may be some in this thread who could help you with that.

BenVTrigger said:
mind said:

This is flat out wrong i get 65 - 70 FPS on Mirrors Edge with 16x Anti Aliasing, Max Settings, and 4k. Far cry only runs low due to it being open world. In fact its the only game I've every played that I can't 30 fps or higher at 4k.

Edit: also that link you posted doesn't take into consideration overclocking. Both my GPU and CPU are overclocked.

Edit 2: Just saw you said THIS game referring to Far Cry, my apologies. 

Screw playability, this is about what a render engine is capable of producing in the best of circumstances. We're already selecting the best vantage point to show of a good looking part of the game. In any fps 90% of the time you're hugging a wall with little visibility, where are those shots :p
Keep cranking up those settings!

I've always played fsx with a target of 20 fps. Perfectly playable. With fps and driving more is definitely better, but I learned to play fps with Doom on a 386, and 3D driving with the likes of Test drive 3 on a 286. 10-15 fps used to be great!

ironmanDX said:

There's always the PrtSc (Print screen) button on your keyboard while running the video full screen. Then paste it to an image program, save it, and upload to something like postimg.org

Et Voila. Not bad quality for a video still, probably won't work as well with fast moving images.

Why was that car going through the wall btw?