By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Vgchartz PC / "Next - Gen" Screenshot thread: Eye Melting Pixel Glory!

Far Cry 3 Ultra Settings / 8x MSAA Anti Aliasing / Downsampled from 4k resolution

Around the Network

Battlefield 3 1080p Maxed

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Killzone SF Chapter 6

Killzone SF Chapter 7

CGI-Quality said:
globalisateur said:
CGI-Quality said:

I agree with him, those pics (or any on the system, for that matter) don't show the true nature of the fidelity (PS4 could use its own FRAPS). And the textures of the PS3 version of Far Cry 3 are not something I'd use in a next gen/PC comparison. They really weren't all that hot.

As for "Ultra Crisp Crysis 3 shots", for the most part, I agree. However, that's an anamoly, because most PC games, even from 2011 on, don't look as good as that.

On to ShadowFall:

To be perfectly honest, I don't get the "vaseling" line. The bit/mip mapping is pretty accurate. Also, while the terrain is detailed (with some textures looking shiny due to direct contact with water), it is not overly done (an issue that plagued many titles last gen, particularly UE3 games). Their AA solution worked fine as well (a huge step up from KZ3). 

Let me help you to better get it...

Oh, I didn't need you to elaborate. I gave you the reason why I disagree. Nothing more, nothing less. What you posted doesn't prove what I'm saying wrong, only that it is your view of things.

Here's another way to explain my view of things.

When I see any native 1080p image, without strong FXAA/quincunx, I see a sharp 1080p image.

When I see any strongly blurred Knack or Killzone 1080p image I see a 900p upscaled image (720p for Knack) . I can't believe it's a 1080p native pic.

When I see FXAAed BF4 900p on PS4, I see really a barely similar native 720p image. And the sharp MLAAed BF4 on PS3 is as sharp (the textures) as the PS4 FXAA 900p version proving my point perfectly.

I know you don't care about my view of things but it doesn't mean you don't need it. In the end of this generation, when you'll re-play those nasty FXAA games, you will be astonished retrospectively how you didn't notice/care how wrecked the games were by this AA solution.

Around the Network
globalisateur said:

When I see any native 1080p image, without strong FXAA/quincunx, I see a sharp 1080p image.

When I see any strongly blurred Knack or Killzone 1080p image I see a 900p upscaled image (720p for Knack) . I can't believe it's a 1080p native pic.

When I see FXAAed BF4 900p on PS4, I see really a barely similar native 720p image. And the sharp MLAAed BF4 on PS3 is as sharp (the textures) as the PS4 FXAA 900p version proving my point perfectly.

I know you don't care about my view of things but it doesn't mean you don't need it. In the end of this generation, when you'll re-play those nasty FXAA games, you will be astonished retrospectively how you didn't notice/care how wrecked the games were by this AA solution.

To be fair he doesnt need to wait for the end of this generation, hes a high end pc gamer, the visuals were used to already outclass even the xbox one and ps4, significantly in almost all areas, but I agree with him, native 1080p without any AA is sharp but 1080p WITH is overall, better.

giulsio said:

Need For Speed Rivals :  1080p ALL maxed out

Ordered this game recently, can't wait! What's your origin ID? Need as many people as possible on my speed wall.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I'd rather play at 1080p with no AA than with FXAA. The softness/blur was very evident in Arkham City.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Warframe Max Settings / Downsampled from 4k

Not the best looking game I've played but still really fun. Great for Co-op with friends.

CGI-Quality said:
globalisateur said:
CGI-Quality said:
globalisateur said:

Let me help you to better get it...

Oh, I didn't need you to elaborate. I gave you the reason why I disagree. Nothing more, nothing less. What you posted doesn't prove what I'm saying wrong, only that it is your view of things.

It's not at all that I "don't care about your view of things" (shame that that's how my message was taken), I just don't agree and gave my reasoning.

As for end-gen gaming, FXAA, or whatever, since I game on PC, I don't have to "wait".  

You said you don't get the frequent "vaseline" FXAA effect complaint on console games but in the same time you game mainly on PC without any imposed FXAAed blurred image. There is a strong contradiction here. If you only played game on consoles you would better understand our problems.

Maybe you do play on PC just because you do get that some games on consoles are wrecked by bad developer decisions (mainly forced vaseline post effect) and then you prefer selecting you own graphics settings like resolution, fps and AA?