By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
fatslob-:O said:
mine said:

So expect the "next-gen" within 4 years. By that time even smartphones will have the same graphics as PS4 or One. 

LOL that ignorance though ...

my favorite part is that he thinks the actual gamepad is going to take flight somehow. Not gonna happen LOL

Around the Network
oniyide said:
mine said:

So expect the "next-gen" within 4 years. By that time even smartphones will have the same graphics as PS4 or One. 

my favorite part is that he thinks the actual gamepad is going to take flight somehow. Not gonna happen LOL

He lacks some backgrounds about wafer technology to make honest analysis about computing power. He also lacks some backgrounds in aerodynamics to know about the mechanics of flight.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

its bollocks. So all those exclusives for Wii U werent built fromt he ground up for it? Ill give you NSMBWU since it probably used damn near all the assests of the WIi one, and Pikmin3 since that started as a Wii game. But what of the rest? Zombi U, 3d world, DKC

None of those games were built to be graphically intensive; Zombi U is technically weak even compared to other Wii U games, 3D World takes place in small simple  worlds, and Tropical Freeze is essentially just a Wii engine beefed up with HD and some fancy fur and water shaders. None of them push the hardware.

you didnt say graphically intensive, you said built from the ground up. Not the same thing. So now these games dont push the HW? funny how Pikmin 3 was lauded for graphics now all of a sudden its not graphically intensive. Either what you are saying is nonsense and you dont want to admit that the Wii U isnt as powerful as you want it to be or maybe you are right and it isnt graphically intensive. But we have seen at least one game graphically intensive. X and its STILL behind PS4, by a good margin.

I said "built from the ground up to be graphically intensive". A game can look great without pushing the hardware; 3D World, for instance, is gorgeous, even if it's not maxing out 1GB of RAM and a DX10/11 capable GPGPU. It's folly to judge a system's power when no game so far has even attempted to reach the limits of that power. Having the power's only half the battle, the other half is having developers with the talent, mapower, resources, time, and motivation to fully exploit it.

im judging it on X, which doenst look better than Infamous SS which is in the launch window of PS4. PS4 hasnt been out a year yet and Infamous SS already looks like it does. Cant wait for FF15 to go even further.

First, X is not a finished product, its no longer even confirmed for a 2014 release.

Second, I never claimed it looked better than Infamous.

orniletter said:

Quote trees, people !

*cracks whip*

Edit: And people having to compare "X" to games on significantly more powerful systems and budgets far and away bigger is enough as a moral victory.

X looks good and there isn´t a single open world-ish JRPG on last gen systems that it  is comparable to.

Don´t give me any of the same old empty Red Dead Redemption / incredibly linear The Last of Us and Final Fantasy XIII gifs

What's the matter with Red Dead Redemption? (And why are you even mentionting it, it's not like it's an JRPG! xD)

Wright said:
orniletter said:

Quote trees, people !

*cracks whip*

Edit: And people having to compare "X" to games on significantly more powerful systems and budgets far and away bigger is enough as a moral victory.

X looks good and there isn´t a single open world-ish JRPG on last gen systems that it  is comparable to.

Don´t give me any of the same old empty Red Dead Redemption / incredibly linear The Last of Us and Final Fantasy XIII gifs

What's the matter with Red Dead Redemption? (And why are you even mentionting it, it's not like it's an JRPG! xD)

Don´t you remember NinjaBlade ? The infamous dude who always got a rager boner and had to shit on the WiiU ?

He always brought RDR up as a game that looked significantly more impressive than "X"....I think he was permabanned, but he may just be back as an alt.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Wright said:

Don´t you remember NinjaBlade ? The infamous dude who always got a rager boner and had to shit on the WiiU ?

He always brought RDR up as a game that looked significantly more impressive than "X"....I think he was permabanned, but he may just be back as an alt.

Never heard of him until now xD

orniletter said:
Wright said:
orniletter said:

Quote trees, people !

*cracks whip*

He's returned as multiple alts already and been quickly banned again. They should block his IP.

curl-6 said:

He's returned as multiple alts already and been quickly banned again. They should block his IP.

I want a list of all his alt accounts please.

curl-6 said:

I want a list of all his alt accounts please.

Can't remember the first one, but the latest was "SonicRulez" or something like that.

mine said:

LOL and ignore Moore's Law as long as you want.

Fact is that PS4 and One have AMD CPUs whose architecture was made for netbooks. Even an Intel Core-i3 will run circels around it. Their GPUs are both not high-end. They "just" get around the PCIe bottle-neck. Nothing fancy new. Just cheap. 

And according to moore's law you'll get every four years the double amount of perforamce for the half amount of money. Or: you'll get FOUR TIMES the performance for the same price. Expect HightEnd Smartphones to have comparable GPU power in four years. Which isn't that far off as the process size of GPUs still way beyond compared to those of CPUs. And it will catch up driven by the demand of Smartphones for power saving GPUs...

Iawata wasn't a fool when he decided to step out of the hw specs race with the Wii and DS. Subsidizing hardware just to get more "realism" didn't make sense anymore. Microsoft did it to get more than a foot into the living room and will continue to do so. The remaing Sony is more of a Game / Media company so it makes sense for them too. 

But it isn't ignorable that both decided not to go the high-end route but use low- to mid-speced hw this time. As both Microsoft and Sony might have more inside knowledge about whats showing up the next years - I expect that their decission makes sense. Otherwise they would have subsidized hardware which would be still outdated with the next gen of GPUs and CPUs...