By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
fleischr said:
bonzobanana said:
Too many excuses in this thread for wii u performance. We have already seen that the vast majority of multi-format games perform worse on wii u than 360 and PS3. The hardware is based on a power hungry low cost fabrication process yet takes very little power. The memory chips have less bandwidth than 360 or PS3. Cartoon graphics do not need the resources of realistic graphics or have such high CPU demands for physics etc.

The idea that a console based on an established cpu architecture and low end gpu has untapped potential is just fanboy nonsense. Apart from a few extended gpu features there is not much the wii u has over last gen.

I've compared my wii u to ps3 and 360 performance and its sadly lacking. This is another mindless thread that tries to compare the wii u to ps4 and xbox one but the reality is the wii u is still struggling to match 360 and PS3 performance most of the time.

The time for pretending the wii u is powerful is over. The 360and PS3 have if anything more claim to be next gen consoles than wii u.

The wii u will not be getting versions of most next gen multiformat games. Both PS3 and 360 will be getting a lot more and for those few wii u games that are developed they will almost definitely perform better on 360 and PS3 so this wii u is powerful talk is pointless.

The wii u is only worth having for nintendo games and other wii u exclusives. I've not seen a single wii u game that couldn't be done on ps3 or 360 and in some ways could probably be improved on those consoles. Fanboys claimed Rayman Legends would only be 1080p 60fps on wii u but of course being a simple 2D platformer meant both 360 and PS3 were also 1080p 60fps of equal quality. Fanboys claimed at the beginning the wii u would be much better in a years time when most of the launch games weren't impressive. Of course a year on and the wii u games are still performing below 360 and PS3 most of the time. This fanboy nonsense should stop.

About 80-90% of the time the wii u performs below 360 levels and yet people still post comments that the wii u is competitive with ps4 or xbox one. Utter madness.

Name specific examples of games that run worse on WiiU than their 360/ps3 version.

I for one haven't encountered any serious problems  if anything, wii u games are sharper w. better framerate.

Really?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-darksiders-2-on-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-4-next-gen-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-origins-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sonic-all-star-racing-transformed-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-new-super-mario-bros-u-analysis

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninja-gaiden-3-on-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-trine-2-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-splinter-cell-blacklist-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-mass-effect-3-wii-u-face-off

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
fleischr said:
bonzobanana said:
Too many excuses in this thread for wii u performance. We have already seen that the vast majority of multi-format games perform worse on wii u than 360 and PS3. The hardware is based on a power hungry low cost fabrication process yet takes very little power. The memory chips have less bandwidth than 360 or PS3. Cartoon graphics do not need the resources of realistic graphics or have such high CPU demands for physics etc.

The idea that a console based on an established cpu architecture and low end gpu has untapped potential is just fanboy nonsense. Apart from a few extended gpu features there is not much the wii u has over last gen.

I've compared my wii u to ps3 and 360 performance and its sadly lacking. This is another mindless thread that tries to compare the wii u to ps4 and xbox one but the reality is the wii u is still struggling to match 360 and PS3 performance most of the time.

The time for pretending the wii u is powerful is over. The 360and PS3 have if anything more claim to be next gen consoles than wii u.

The wii u will not be getting versions of most next gen multiformat games. Both PS3 and 360 will be getting a lot more and for those few wii u games that are developed they will almost definitely perform better on 360 and PS3 so this wii u is powerful talk is pointless.

The wii u is only worth having for nintendo games and other wii u exclusives. I've not seen a single wii u game that couldn't be done on ps3 or 360 and in some ways could probably be improved on those consoles. Fanboys claimed Rayman Legends would only be 1080p 60fps on wii u but of course being a simple 2D platformer meant both 360 and PS3 were also 1080p 60fps of equal quality. Fanboys claimed at the beginning the wii u would be much better in a years time when most of the launch games weren't impressive. Of course a year on and the wii u games are still performing below 360 and PS3 most of the time. This fanboy nonsense should stop.

About 80-90% of the time the wii u performs below 360 levels and yet people still post comments that the wii u is competitive with ps4 or xbox one. Utter madness.

Name specific examples of games that run worse on WiiU than their 360/ps3 version.

I for one haven't encountered any serious problems  if anything, wii u games are sharper w. better framerate.

This google search brings up most of them;

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=wii+u+360+eurogamer+face+off&start=0

Just work through them and get the average. Some of the wii u games actually can still be good versions in playability terms even if technically weaker. I.e. Sonic Racing Transformed on wii u actually gets a good review but the display resolution is very low, something like 1024x576 on wii u compared to 1280x720 on ps3 for example. So remember to read from a technical viewpoint too. 

Do not talk bad about the PS4! Its perfect in every way! Graphics are 1000x better and the games are all triple A!

OT: I don't pay attention to graphical comparisons, so all the consoles look the same with me.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

bonzobanana said:

I think you have some issues. 

Ps: the PS4 and XBOX One Barely have any exclusives and the exclusives they have could be done on a PS3/XBOX360(with worse graphics, but still very much the exact same game). Oh and the PS3 version of Rayman Legends runs at 720p. 

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Anyone else kind of feel like the PS4's power gap isn't that big anymore?  I mean, sure it's more powerful, but after seeing these two, I don't find myself thinking "Oh, how much better this would have looked on PS4"... Am I the only one that thinks that people will stop thinking the Wii U is underpowered after these two games see daylight?

When X releases, the WiiU will be how old, 2, 2.5, maybe 3 years?, and you're comparing the graphics of a game that late into the consoles life cycle to a small handful of launch titles?, okay.

Time's not the only factor; much more money, resources, manpower, and talent has been invested in pushing PS4 than pushing Wii U.

but that doesnt make any sense. if this is what you truly believe then their is no point to even discussing, as we would never be able to compare the two for that very reason you said. IMHO i think you are just making excuses, to not admit that the gap between the PS4 and WIi U is bigger than you intially thought.

It makes perfect sense, see my last post.

its bollocks. So all those exclusives for Wii U werent built fromt he ground up for it? Ill give you NSMBWU since it probably used damn near all the assests of the WIi one, and Pikmin3 since that started as a Wii game. But what of the rest? Zombi U, 3d world, DKC

Around the Network
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Anyone else kind of feel like the PS4's power gap isn't that big anymore?  I mean, sure it's more powerful, but after seeing these two, I don't find myself thinking "Oh, how much better this would have looked on PS4"... Am I the only one that thinks that people will stop thinking the Wii U is underpowered after these two games see daylight?

When X releases, the WiiU will be how old, 2, 2.5, maybe 3 years?, and you're comparing the graphics of a game that late into the consoles life cycle to a small handful of launch titles?, okay.

Time's not the only factor; much more money, resources, manpower, and talent has been invested in pushing PS4 than pushing Wii U.

but that doesnt make any sense. if this is what you truly believe then their is no point to even discussing, as we would never be able to compare the two for that very reason you said. IMHO i think you are just making excuses, to not admit that the gap between the PS4 and WIi U is bigger than you intially thought.

It makes perfect sense, see my last post.

its bollocks. So all those exclusives for Wii U werent built fromt he ground up for it? Ill give you NSMBWU since it probably used damn near all the assests of the WIi one, and Pikmin3 since that started as a Wii game. But what of the rest? Zombi U, 3d world, DKC

Well Zombiu in particular is confirmed to be a ported ps3 360 game by ubisoft.

Just re-tagging.

Multishanks said:

Yeah, no.

The game was always going to be a Wii U exclusive. Remember when Ubisoft annouced Killer Freaks From Outer Space at the E3 conference in 2011? Well they cancelled the project and turned it into Zombie U.

hinch said:
Multishanks said:

Yeah, no.

The game was always going to be a Wii U exclusive. Remember when Ubisoft annouced Killer Freaks From Outer Space at the E3 conference in 2011? Well they cancelled the project and turned it into Zombie U.

i was just going to ask him for a link, because it didnt sound right

I... don't think I can keep up with this thread, lol... But I DID skim through all the pages I missed and will add the following:

People compared Wii U's launch games to PS3/XBox360 late life games, and said "wow, the Wii U sucks, it's barely better", but now when we compare Wii U's 2nd year games to PS4/XBox1 launch games "wow, that's not fair, PS4/Xbox1 are new and will see massive improvements"? o_O

I didn't even notice the Pikmin 3 vs SM3DW misread, hahaha...

The PS4/XBox1 are not going to see the type of graphical growth the PS3/XBox360 did, that's just not going to happen. As I mentioned, there will be improvements, but they will be more optimization than major overhauls like we saw from the launch of the PS3/XBox360. Anyone who thinks otherwise is neglecting the fact that developers have been releasing PC games for well over a DECADE, and are therefore highly familiar with the x86 architecture. Late PS4/Xbox1 games will look better, but only just so.

The Wii U will see advancements in a different way. PPC architecture isn't new either, but Nintendo themselves is new to HD development. 3rd party ports have clearly been afterthoughts, and though they have a few improvements here and there, I can confidently say there hasn't been much effort because there's proven sales history that proper development time and money by a 3rd party will see losses on Nintendo's consoles. This will naturally see 3rd party's not even come close to attempting to push the system, nor even ensure their game does anything else other than run playable.

The only developer, therefore, to push the Wii U's hardware is Nintendo. And while they're learning fast, they're new to HD development, so I think we'll see a decent improvement on Wii U exclusives (we're already seeing this from Pikmin 3 to SM3DW, and with Bayonetta 2 and 'X') in which Nintendo is directly involved. The real kicker is going to be the Zelda U reveal at E3. How fast have they caught up with HD development? Will Zelda U be artistic like Skyward Sword to make full use of the system's power yet hide all its shortcomings? Or will Zelda U be technical, and utilize the vast graphics technology available in modern GPUs compared to their admittedly underpowered Wii?

E3 is going to be a big deal with Zelda U, because Zelda may just close that gap even further, or show Nintendo needs another console to finally understand HD development (and its high cost/longer development time). Either way, I look forward to what the Wii U will do, because it may be less powerful than the PS4/XBox1, but Bayonetta 2 and 'X' have me believing the Wii U is NOT "underpowered", and is wholly capable of giving a non-PC gamer the "wow" factor in graphics. SM3DW already achieves this, but only to those without blinders on, which is essentially people I directly show the game to on my system, on my TV, and then without me even asking, they mention how much better the game looks than they "thought" (thanks to media and "hardcore gamers").

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/