By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the OFFICIAL "Make God of War (PSP) a Million seller" Thread

I'll have my copy day one. Don't think you can even preorder anymore at my gamestop for the first shipment, so I don't think this game will have any problem hitting 1 million.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network
WAR_MACHINE77 said:
I'll have my copy day one. Don't think you can even preorder anymore at my gamestop for the first shipment, so I don't think this game will have any problem hitting 1 million.

Yeah I know , if all is true , we should get the game on the EU release date to , and that didnt happen with a game since FIFA 08 :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

well, if this game passes 1 million, it will be the first PSP to do so since Portable Ops.

I think after the port to PS2, it will go over 2 million, and I hope it gets bundled treatment, because it's just that good, (also, I'd love to see R&C gets bundled too).

weren't there a bet between 2 users about whether this game will hit 1 million before the end of 08?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It was between me and tk1979 .

Also , I dont know where people get the port to the PS2 idea . Sony only ported games after a year at best , and during 09 , no serious amount of PS2 software will be sold , no matter how big the game will be .

Actaully since Portable Ops Renegade Squadron has passed the million to , just that the EU numbers are still not listed ;) Oh and Daxter to passed the million in the US alone :D

I try not to count bundled games. ;)

If they have Crisis Core bundled like they did in Japan, I'm buying another PSP.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network

piracy will drag the sales down ALOT.
But it will still be able to reach 1 mil easily

kingofwale said:
I try not to count bundled games. ;)

If they have Crisis Core bundled like they did in Japan, I'm buying another PSP.

Oh , than PO was trully the last :) GoW will pass 1 million even without bundle anyways ... the question is how much will Sony push the game as a sistem seller afther the launch month is over ...

^I remember seeing MASSIVE ads campaign by Sony when GoW2 was released, I think Sony will do just the same this time. You will probably see some gameplay in the ads too.

On a related topic, LO is having a HUGE campaign here in Canada, but showed NO gameplay, for all people know, it could be a Dynasty Warrior kind of game. lol, sometimes Gears of War ad trailer should be avoided.

selnor
Episode 2:

So far, it's got 3 great reviews:

IGN 9.4/10

1UP 9.5/10

GamePro 9.5/10

So it's doing pretty good so far.  I reckon this WILL be a huge game for the PSP.  It's being hailed as the BEST game on the PSP.  Will it sell well?  Yes of course it will.  I know there is a huge problem with piracy on the PSP, but I do think it will sell huge numbers.

It will also make GOW fans that don't own a PSP go out and buy one as well IMHO.

So far in the PSP's short life, I reckon this game IS the closest it has to a system seller.  Nothing out so far and nothing due to come out (apart from maybe the KH game) will sell more systems than this game IMHO.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

kingofwale said:
^I remember seeing MASSIVE ads campaign by Sony when GoW2 was released, I think Sony will do just the same this time. You will probably see some gameplay in the ads too.

On a related topic, LO is having a HUGE campaign here in Canada, but showed NO gameplay, for all people know, it could be a Dynasty Warrior kind of game. lol, sometimes Gears of War ad trailer should be avoided.

They allready started , and yes , there is gameplay in it ( thanks god :D ) .

davygee : I agree , Sony is pushing this game allready , and it will push sistems to . The only games that I think are also sistem sellers are : Crisis Core , KH : BBS , Monster Hunter ( in Japan ) , GTA LCS/VCS and Dissidia if it will be good . Honorable mentions are going for Portable Ops and all the EA sports games , because the PSP is the best handheld for sports games IMO ;)