By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest EDGE reviews in, Donkey Kong scores a 7

AnthonyW86 said:
RealGamingExpert said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Ocilayton said:
They gave Jazzpunk a 9 and DK a 7...I guess now we know what kind of reviewer we're dealing with here(the stupid hipster type)
Oh and GI gave TF a 9.25 i

No it means the reviewer rewards something original and new instead of same old same old. Also there a very large price difference between the two games.

How is DKCTF the same old stuff? They added a lot of new elements, 2 new Kongs (compared to DKCR) and a lot more.

How else do you wanna make a sequel?

I'm not saying i think it's the same old stuff. I was just responding to the fact apperently if a reviewer likes something new he/she is automatically a ''hipster''. They clearly gave Jazzpunk a high score because it is original and alot of fun for the money. I don't know what the complains about DKCTF were but it's not a really new concept and a full priced game.

But Jazzpunk is stupid and the main point of it( the humor) is unfunny. Just because something is novel doesn't make it good.

Around the Network

Why is Donkey Kong given more priority in the title? Donkey Kong Country Returns got a 7 on Edge the last time.

Personally I find it a lot more important that Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2 got a 4. The first game was well recived by the critics but this sequel is getting a lot of bad scores.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

People still haven't figured out Edge gives big games "low" scores on purpose just to get attention?

Anfebious said:
Why is Donkey Kong given more priority in the title? Donkey Kong Country Returns got a 7 on Edge the last time.

Personally I find it a lot more important that Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2 got a 4. The first game was well recived by the critics but this sequel is getting a lot of bad scores.

It's the biggest game in there. It's like having reviews in for the Last of Us and your title mentions Flappy Bird!!

Somini said:
Anfebious said:

It's the biggest game in there. It's like having reviews in for the Last of Us and your title mentions Flappy Bird!!

Well sometimes i have the feeling that Flappy Bird is a bigger game than the Last of Us... :D

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
Somini said:
Anfebious said:

Well sometimes i have the feeling that Flappy Bird is a bigger game than the Last of Us... :D

And what is this feeling based on?

Somini said:
Anfebious said:

Flappy Bird is indeed bigger than TLOU...

Nintendo and PC gamer

They gave DKCR a 7 as well and that didnt stop it from getting a Metascore of 87. I don't know why people are spazzing out. Plus a 7 from Edge isn't bad either

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

GAWD! why is EDGE so biased against Nintendo? I remember when they gave Mario3DWorld a '9' thinking no-one would realize it was just an upside down '6'.

Damn clickbaiting hipsters.

Grrrrrrr.

osed125 said:
Somini said:
Anfebious said:

Flappy Bird is indeed bigger than TLOU...

That's like saying Angry Birds is bigger than Mario, completely false and highly biased.