By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hideo Kojima praises PS4: can render 1080p at 60fps “with room to spare”

So much room to spare!!! *Makes two hour game* :(.

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
trixiemafia86 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
trixiemafia86 said:
as a pc gamer too, 1080p is a cool and important addition for nextgen.

Honestly, as a pc gamer, 1080p feels pretty last gen

what res do you game at and what gpu do you use? I've only got 1080p screens.

You don't need higher than 1080p screens to play at higher than 1080p resolutions. Look up downsampling. I was recently playing Sleeping Dogs at 2880x1620 on a gtx 670, for example. Hnnnnnng sexy 

Nice. I tried guacamelee, TR, SF 4 and call of juarez at 3200 X 1800. Wow. thanks for the tip.

Aaah awesome! Isn't PC gaming wonderful, lol. 

You know what is so funny? When PC gamer come to a place where is all about console and brag about their PC. Sorry but console gamer don't even care about PC or else we all would have bought a PC instead. No body even care about the PC enough to keep record of it's sales or games here. It's just sad that you guys got no where to belong to so all you do is coming here and brag.  And yes, I hate PC gamers because they are bunch of no good pirate.  I don't know how they are so stuck up when they don't pay for any games they play.

Is it my impression or Hideous Kojima is putting on weight?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

If you look at the hardware alone, even without considering the huge amount of graphics power taken away by kinect, the PS4 is MUCH more powerful than X1, some developers say that PS4 is 50% more powerful than X1.

Strangely, the inferior X1 APU is supposed to be even more expensive to produce because of the special and highly expensive type of integrated memory used. Microsoft should therefore fire the people responsible for this failed chip design forcing them to pay more for an inferior product compared to the PS4 APU.

However, compared to todays PC graphics capability, both console APU's are very weak in both processing and graphical power.

Around the Network

Man, I loved his engrish on E3 last year way more...

It is good that one of the established devs had to say there was room to spare. Definitely since Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream are yet to showcase their stuff.

Downanime00 said:

You know what is so funny? When PC gamer come to a place where is all about console and brag about their PC. Sorry but console gamer don't even care about PC or else we all would have bought a PC instead. No body even care about the PC enough to keep record of it's sales or games here. It's just sad that you guys got no where to belong to so all you do is coming here and brag.  And yes, I hate PC gamers because they are bunch of no good pirate.  I don't know how they are so stuck up when they don't pay for any games they play.

So, clearly the message here is you know PC gamer's about as well as you know English.  Which is to say, it's still a developing skill.