By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hideo Kojima praises PS4: can render 1080p at 60fps “with room to spare”

foodfather said:
Good to know that 1080p and 60fps are the most important elements of a 2014 game. Second most important must be a campaign no longer than 2 hours.

is it ok if it's standard for 2016 then? will it be ok with you by then?

@OP good to know that it has that much power, power means room to grow and that's great in a console since you cant upgrade it's hardware.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Xen said:
NobleTeam360 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
WAIT I thought all devs were saying there was going to be parity and magic fairly dust was going to make x1's GPU make up a 40% Compute power advantage? Kojima must be paid by Sony.

Who said that?

Mikami and Kojima initally said "not much difference"... at least. Magic and fairy dust are the words of fanboys, aka cl0ud p0wah.

Oh, well I'll be looking forward to seeing the graphics desparity between the PS4 and X1 versions. I certainly won't be spending 40 bucks on a 2-4 hour game. 

Yup. Neither am I.

I was shopping around, and then I saw "hmm, MGS GZ is cheap"... now i know why.

foodfather said:
Good to know that 1080p and 60fps are the most important elements of a 2014 game. 

No they are not. 1080p 60fps are the most important when all else is equal in a multiplat. Certainly, what is the reason to spend money on an inferior version? Its human nature to always go for the superior choice. 

I know that my standards aren't easily compromised. What about you?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

allblue said:
foodfather said:
Good to know that 1080p and 60fps are the most important elements of a 2014 game. 

No they are not. 1080p 60fps are the most important when all else is equal in a multiplat. Certainly, what is the reason to spend money on an inferior version? Its human nature to always go for the superior choice. 

Why we dont hear this ps4 argument when there's a PC version of a game?

:

~kao said:
allblue said:
foodfather said:

oh, i think a know why..

It's obvious you don't. Most console gamers don't care about PC games, as that's not just a different platfrom, but a different experience alltogether. The gamer population would be smaller than 20 million if console gaming didn't exist.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
weaveworld said:
What is the big deal with this pixel/framerate stuff... So unimportant for someone to have mere fun with a game.

Please post where any has ever said having fun was un-important..Games are BUILT on technology so yes it is important.

Why?

And 'hard-core' fans are making a bigger deal of this stuff than the majority of console-gamers care about. And in the end, done playing, talking to your friends about how awesome the three hour experience was you had watching something in 1080p. Is that what you'll remember...?

NobleTeam360 said:
weaveworld said:
What is the big deal with this pixel/framerate stuff... So unimportant for someone to have mere fun with a game.

Some people find comfort in the small things. 

Ah I guess you are right. Well, 1080p is too small for me to find comfort in.

NobleTeam360 said:
weaveworld said:

Some people find comfort in the small things. 

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because people like knowing they got the best bang for their buck?  And probably because every fan of each company was going on and on about how 1080p could be done on their console, easily. Funny that now it turns out only one console can constantly pull it off, while still maintaining next gen visuals, the fans of the other two don't seem to care about it anymore and choose to mock those who still do.  

Somini said:
~kao said:
allblue said:
foodfather said:

oh, i think a know why..

It's obvious you don't. Most console gamers don't care about PC games, as that's not just a different platfrom, but a different ecperience alltogether. The gamer population would be smaller than 20 million iif console gaming didn't exist.

Reading this forum and neogaf, many people will play Titanfall on PC...

Funny how the relations depend on opinion (nothing against you but the general idea you get if you are in gaming forums).

weaveworld said:
FlamingWeazel said:
weaveworld said:

Please post where any has ever said having fun was un-important..Games are BUILT on technology so yes it is important.

Why?

And 'hard-core' fans are making a bigger deal of this stuff than the majority of console-gamers care about. And in the end, done playing, talking to your friends about how awesome the three hour experience was you had watching something in 1080p. Is that what you'll remember...?

People remeeber the experience and graphics and immersion are a part of it, if it didnt matter people would still be playing games that look like pong. So you couldn't answer my question, gotcha.