By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hideo Kojima praises PS4: can render 1080p at 60fps “with room to spare”

Bristow9091 said:
Now shut up and give us Zone of the Enders 3!

Gah, no kidding.  I saw the HD remake for the PS3 in Best Buy yesterday while helping a friend looking for a modem and a wireless router.  Totally strange, the franchise is popular enough to warrant an HD remake, but a 3rd installment isn't?  Booo hiss!!!

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
trixiemafia86 said:
as a pc gamer too, 1080p is a cool and important addition for nextgen.

Honestly, as a pc gamer, 1080p feels pretty last gen

what res do you game at and what gpu do you use? I've only got 1080p screens.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

ICStats said:
NobleTeam360 said:
weaveworld said:
What is the big deal with this pixel/framerate stuff... So unimportant for someone to have mere fun with a game.

Some people find comfort in the small things. 

Some people find comfort in denial.

I enjoy bathing my eyes in the PS4's graphics on a big screen and feeling like it's 2014.  Distracts from other things in the world that suck and haven't really improved for 10 years.

Really? You need a PS4 for it to feel like 2014? to each his own I guess. 

Good, this should get more people to buy that overpriced demo!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

NobleTeam360 said:
ICStats said:
NobleTeam360 said:
weaveworld said:
What is the big deal with this pixel/framerate stuff... So unimportant for someone to have mere fun with a game.

Some people find comfort in the small things. 

Some people find comfort in denial.

I enjoy bathing my eyes in the PS4's graphics on a big screen and feeling like it's 2014.  Distracts from other things in the world that suck and haven't really improved for 10 years.

Really? You need a PS4 for it to feel like 2014? to each his own I guess. 

Not the only thing of course, but why not?

I also feel like it's 2014 when say, air travel is more expensive and less convenient than 10 years ago, but not in a good way.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Does a little better than other hardware. I wonder how many people are going to miss that statement.?.

Man, if ground zeroes is anything less than a solid, consistent 60fps on the PS4, our friend Kojima will have much to answer for.

trixiemafia86 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
trixiemafia86 said:

You don't need higher than 1080p screens to play at higher than 1080p resolutions. Look up downsampling. I was recently playing Sleeping Dogs at 2880x1620 on a gtx 670, for example. Hnnnnnng sexy 

Sal.Paradise said:
trixiemafia86 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
trixiemafia86 said:

You don't need higher than 1080p screens to play at higher than 1080p resolutions. Look up downsampling. I was recently playing Sleeping Dogs at 2880x1620 on a gtx 670, for example. Hnnnnnng sexy 

Nice. I tried guacamelee, TR, SF 4 and call of juarez at 3200 X 1800. Wow. thanks for the tip.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

render 1080p at 60fps with room to spare ...
okay, now we talking ^_^