By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official - Nintendo Direct February 13 - Focusing on WiiU and 3DS games in Spring

NintendoPie said:
BeElite said:
thats it... wtf are they thinking
nothing new...

This shouldn't be too much of a surprise. They said they were only going to talk about Spring, and that's kind of what they did. Release date for MK, some new Yoshi footage, and new Kirby footage. Also a ton of eShop, which was blargh.

Bayonetta 2, X and Smash will not release in Spring and they still showed footage of that. 

Really dissappointed they didn't announce a Majora's Mask or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon remake for the Wii U. 

More then 3 months of nothing between DKCTF and Mario Kart 8. I expect poor sales. 

Around the Network

...and it was pretty much what I expected. Updates on SSB, X, and Bayo 2, and showing off pretty much every WiiU/3DS game due out this Spring.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

BeElite said:

Could have shown a teaser for a game to be shown later in spring like E3, that would have worked.

Their latest Spring title was MK8. I'm guessing they want to keep some things secret for E3, so they actually have things to show. I don't want another bad E3.

I think the reason for all this disappointment is that most of us went in looking forward for Wii U content, but they gave us a LOT of 3DS stuff instead.

cycycychris said:
this is going to be a long drought between DK and MK8

2 major games in the first six months is still 2 more major games than last year (which had slightly more games but zero heavy hitters.). It's still pretty shitty, but at least the games in question are going to do something for sales.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
justinian said:
It was alright I suppose, basing it on the crap they did most of last year. At least they show some new B2 and X stuff.

Yet it was ultimately disappointing. All that NES stuff is NOT going to sell consoles.

Brand new year, same old last year announced games.

Yeah, that is kind of normal when the direct is focused on games that will be released in Spring.

They´re doing things good this year. Not gonna waste all the new announcements until E3.

And of course, everyone overhyped the Nintendo Direct AGAIN. Where's all those people who said they'd be satisfied if there was new X and Bayonetta stuff and that's all they cared about? I'm satisfied, I got everything I was expecting.

No release dates. Just showing us what we already know. Huge waste of time.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

HylianSwordsman said:
Samus Aran said:

What's the point of a Direct if you're not going to announce a single new game for your poorly selling console? May 30 for Mario Kart 8? Geez, how long does it take to make 16 tracks? Nothing new will be added besides that anyway(except some characters and items).

Yeah, not like antigravity karts was new, such a rehash... :P

It really doesn't add anything since the camera follows you. Even if you're riding upside down, you'll not notice it during a race. Except when you ride on walls you kinda notice it, but meh.