By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Beta Feedback / Impressions thread - Update Im in and playing! 11 Minute complete multiplayer vid added!

Ben you played it all night so can you tell us how the experience feels what is the kill time for a pilot as fast as cod or like halo. does 6vs6 feels balance compared to the size of the map. how many grunts are in a team when a titan is set to ai mode how does it reacts to enemies. Are maps balanced for titans and pilots equally do we have places where only pilots have access and titans cannot kill us.

Around the Network

Had a lot of fun with the Beta so far.

Best moment: on the losing end of a 3v1 Titan fight, activate vortex... receive a bajillion rocket smacks... release vortex INSTA-SMACK-DOWN!!!* God this game is fun!

*Then I die a horrible death, being pulled out of my cockpit and smashed into a building face first: pulpy.

FrontlineJaguar said:
Ben you played it all night so can you tell us how the experience feels what is the kill time for a pilot as fast as cod or like halo. does 6vs6 feels balance compared to the size of the map. how many grunts are in a team when a titan is set to ai mode how does it reacts to enemies. Are maps balanced for titans and pilots equally do we have places where only pilots have access and titans cannot kill us.

1. I was originaly worried about 6 vs 6. Now I cant imagine a higher player count. You encounter pilots constantly and pilots are POWERFUL. Pilot vs pilot battles are fast and lethal.

2. Titan AI in follow mode is pretty awesome. Its like having a massive metal guard dog following you around gunning down enemies. Theyll stick close to you and dont get lost.

3. Maps are incredibly balanced. Tons of opportunities for Titans or pilots to get the upper hand.

4. There are a TON of grunts on each team. Which is awesome. You can gain some serious momentum killing them and they make facing other pilots super epic. You're used to gunning down a bunch of grunts and suddenly you see a rival pilot show up and you know your about to have a fight for your life.

This game is the real deal. The hype is justified. I cant recommend it enough im honestly blown away.

I wasnt sure how well the mix of brink and killzone would work out for this game, but it does look a bit better than what I was expecting for gameplay. The bots dont seem to be lagging the game down either like they did in brink so that's a major bonus and is probably the result of cloud computing

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Buddy what about frame rate is it locked at 60fps or drops below 60fps. Can we embark on anybody's titan if he/she is not controlling it.

Around the Network

This looks AWESOME!

I love how you drop to the fight. Better than being a team of six that just magically 'woke up' in a group and start shooting lol

What? We have video of this game in action and nobody wants to talk about it?

FrontlineJaguar said:
Buddy what about frame rate is it locked at 60fps or drops below 60fps. Can we embark on anybody's titan if he/she is not controlling it.

Can only embark on your own Titan unless I am just not seeing how to get into anyone else's. You can however hitch a ride on anyones Titan.

I have played hours so far and only once noticed a tiny tiny hitch in the game for a split second and it was right after I entered a Titan and gained control of it and it was off in a corner of the map with no one around. Which is weird because you'd think it would be slowing down more in the middle of huge firefights with 4-5 Titans dashing around and Grunts everywhere but no.

Also, I got a Burn Card for the Stryder Titan IIRC. It's a smaller, much much faster Titan and it has 5 dash bars. Amazing. I took out 4 Titans with it by myself one right after another as they keep after me and I was able to circle around buildings and get away then unleash on them as they rounded the corners. Apparently you can get an Ogre Titan too via the Burn Cards.

Hey J allard,Ben how much time does it takes to kill a pilot compared to halo,cod,gears.
Is it possible to hijack a titan.
How dumb are grunts.
Are there time when you feel action got slowed just because of 6vs6 player count.
How much time does it takes to level up.
How much can you customize your gun.
Do we have armor abilities like Halo 4