By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: TitanFall Beta Analysis (792p,~60fps)

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I downloaded the high resolution videos of Titanfall and those textures look pretty sharp. I saw some physics, shadows were more impressive than I expected, the maps seem large and detailed, but I didn't really look for any of those particles.

That's because there are none.  In Killzone I noticed an enemy above me because his bullet casings were tumbling off of a rock in front of me and then rolling down a hill.  Nothing even close to that kind of detail is in Titanfall.

Is Titanfall the only game that struggles to maintain 60 fps? Last I checked BF4, Tomb Raider, and KZ Shadowfall's multiplayer all go well below 60 fps.

Yeah but they don't look like garbage.  

Even if the player count is only 12 players, I feel like you're ignoring the ~38 NPC characters on the map.

And I feel like you are ignoring the 24 possible NPC's (Drones, Turrets, Buddy Bots) in Shadowfall in adittion to the 24 REAL people.

Right, I have to own a PS4 or a powerful PC to know and see the difference. That's a great argument and like the smartest thing I've heard ever.

Um, yeah.  Look I used to think flying first class was a total waste.  Then as a result of lucky circumstances I got to fly first class from chicago to NYC.  It was WAYYYYY nicer than I expected, and while I certainly don't have the money to fly 1st class, I would if I reasonably afford it.  There is a VERY real difference.  I just didn't know it like you dont't.  

Excuses, excuses, excuses! <3<3<3

Your arguments have some holes and ignore some painfully obvious details. Anyhow, its a step up from last gen and that was the argument. But I bet you forgot what our original discussion was about because you're ranting now. Its fucking adorable!

Ah well, I got my Titanfall betacode, I hope you got yours. I look forward to seeing you in future Titanfall threads spreading joy.

The debate started with you saying that any complaints about Titanfall's grapphics could be fairly applied to any other nextgen game out now.

I said that is silly because almost every other game looks substanially better while doing more complex things.  The fact is the game looks a lot likr COD 4 on PS3; albeit with slightly better textures, AA, and resolution.  Now slightly is the key word here because the other games are NOT slightly better looking than PS3 games.  

Both a supermodel and hooters waitress are more attractive than your average women. But the supermodel is FAR more attractive, and a lot of hooters waitresses are really only better looking in a few...er... specific and fake(?) categories lol.

P.S.  I hate Hooters (The restaurant) lol

Around the Network

Shit super model have usually the worst body measurement a man can ask for... Zero boobs, skeletal rib cage and a skinny flat ass.... Worst exemple you could have found.... Unless you dig anorexic chicks with no shape....

anyway TF looks way better than most MP fps modes I have seen last Gen...

LOL we've really reached a point of Xbone FUD on this site that Titanfall "barely" looks better than fucking CoD4 on PS3? Jesus.

endimion said:
Yeah why would I care about PC gaming??? We are talking about current Gen versus last Gen of consoles... I hardly think the 360 version will be in par with the x1 version... Unless they did terrible programming.... Just on raw spec it is preposterous... Cause the gap between x1 and 360 makes the gap between PS4 and x1 looks ridiculous... Yet people around here clearly see the difference, or so they say....

Actually this game should actually look better on the X1 than its currently looking, given the fact that its running at 792p lol. I think the developers completely ignored the graphics element of the game. Based on the way it is looking, it should run at 1080p 60fps on the X1 if they had put in little more work.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Captain_Tom said:

I said that is silly because almost every other game looks substanially better while doing more complex things.  The fact is the game looks a lot likr COD 4 on PS3; albeit with slightly better textures, AA, and resolution.  Now slightly is the key word here because the other games are NOT slightly better looking than PS3 games.  

"DUH!  What else could be measured?" Yeah, it sounds like you're back peddling.

Anyhow, the game looks great and is a blast. You should give it a try!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
endimion said:
Shit super model have usually the worst body measurement a man can ask for... Zero boobs, skeletal rib cage and a skinny flat ass.... Worst exemple you could have found.... Unless you dig anorexic chicks with no shape....

anyway TF looks way better than most MP fps modes I have seen last Gen...

You are into some F*cked up supermodels lol!  Explains your love of TF's graphics though...

Titanfall looks terrible when compared to any other Xbox One game, it's as simple as that.

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:

You gonna answer that question or is this your white flag?

Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You gonna answer that question or is this your white flag?

Oh, you missed the point?

Titanfall improves upon things you feel games should be measured on over last gen console graphics. Such as sharper textrues, smoother frame rate, better draw distance, less pop up, etc.

Some of you seem to think I'm boasting about Titanfall's graphics, I'm not really. But the improvments over last gen graphics are pretty obvious to me.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I still can't wrap my head around comparing the game to CoD4 on PS3. There is literally no area of the beta that does not vastly surpass any PS3 game, let alone CoD4. Someone is looking through some mighty rosy tinted glasses or is simply "taking the piss" as I saw someone say on here recently.

Either way the game plays amazing, better than any other shooter I have played. But I should be having less fun because the graphics are apparently not 1080p?