By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Both Ps4 and Xboxone will sell 100 Million Unit

DJEVOLVE said:
BeElite said:

and you are basing your arguement on your hopes and feelings.

Hey it may be the case, but clearly you dont understand business.  Beause if Sony sales PS it means PS4 will continue, PS brand will live on even if Sony goes belly up.  If they spin of PS in to a seperate brand PS4 will continue.  SCE and PS will not die or cease to exist no matter what happens to Sony.

Personally i wouldnt mind seeing Samsung and PS team up, would be damn interesting. 

I dont see MS selling it, but i also dont see them wasting billions on some pointless dream to beat Sony at gaming as to many foolish people thing MS will do.

I own the Xbone, and cynical is all i can be when discussing it.

Any Reading and comprehension?

I Said no one knows. PERIOD>

My arguement has been, anything can happen, yours has been, SONY GOING TO DOMINATE< YEAAAAAAAAAA!!! I knew the future off random articles and 3 months of small data.

If you are gonna cry the future is unknown, then why the hell are you even wasting your time debating it ???

That sounds more like you, yahhh MS will magically turn it all around.  Wooo ill spend 100 billion just to make the dream of Xbox crushing PS4 a reality. 

Around the Network

10 15 year plan for Xbox One.

No. xbox one wont reach 100M... ever

Play Me

DJEVOLVE said:
BeElite said:

and you are basing your arguement on your hopes and feelings.

Hey it may be the case, but clearly you dont understand business.  Beause if Sony sales PS it means PS4 will continue, PS brand will live on even if Sony goes belly up.  If they spin of PS in to a seperate brand PS4 will continue.  SCE and PS will not die or cease to exist no matter what happens to Sony.

Personally i wouldnt mind seeing Samsung and PS team up, would be damn interesting. 

I dont see MS selling it, but i also dont see them wasting billions on some pointless dream to beat Sony at gaming as to many foolish people thing MS will do.

I own the Xbone, and cynical is all i can be when discussing it.

Any Reading and comprehension?

I Said no one knows. PERIOD>

My arguement has been, anything can happen, yours has been, SONY GOING TO DOMINATE< YEAAAAAAAAAA!!! I knew the future off random articles and 3 months of small data.

No one knows? That's your whole argument? Why even bother psoting then in a thread about salkes predictions? ALl signs point to PS4 being comfortably ahead based on trends, region sales history. If you have a counter point to that with substance other then MS can magically turn it around World wide  then please say the,

For a finalcial analyst to be good half the time is much better than average!

Around the Network
BeElite said:
DJEVOLVE said:
FlamingWeazel said:
DJEVOLVE said:
. PS4 hype is hi right now but will die down in March. Titanfall needs to bring the heat and they need to release that damn Titanfall bundle.

Initial sales of PS4 are that of the hardcore crowd. The games are ok but MS does have them on this front so far.

LOL more wishfull thinking. Also disagree, PS4 has way more variety and games early on, march is the show, infamous, just got outlast, don't starve. What has x1 had?

Even when the hype dies it will still outsell x1 weekly, titanfall is not going to change that.

9 of my local walmarts have stock.

Yes hype is hi but it won't last forever. Early adopters are the core crowd, most won't jump ship until next year. With Halo and Titanfall coming, it's hardly over and way to early to call. 
MS has a lot of tricks up it's sleeves and the money to do so. Seems Sony is holding on by a string and PS4 might not save it. If MS want to get competive, they have the resources to do so, Sony does not. They are up against a wall in all other business's accept PS4.

And Uncharted 4 is coming, and all other Sony exclusives and 3rd party games that run and look better on PS4.

lol MS money, yahh yet its biggest shareholders want to kill the fraking xbox thats how happy they are dumping money at it.  So get over some delusion of MS money means greatness and success for Xbox, shareholders will not tolarate such sentiments. 

PS4 does not need to save it, they already decied to kill half their product lines and focus primerly on PS and a few others.  They basiclaly have to succed or die, this is some good motivation Sony has over its comp.  Sony only though is kill the comp make PS4 massive success.  While at MS some are thingking how to kill the Xbox.  Intresting is it not.

Are you high? I think you missunderstood some "news" on the internet talking about "some" investors (you know, random nonames out there) and Microsoft's people and/or "biggest shareholders" lol... Maybe in your fantasy world, Microsoft is going to get ride of the Xbox (and even Surface/Bing) brand alltogether. Do not mixup hopes and reality :) 

100M for both PS4 and XOne and that is being conservative??

Sales are much lower now than what they were in the beginning of the 7th generation. For instance, in the week ending 1st Feb 2014, WiiU, XOne and PS4 sold a total of 301k. In the same week 7 years ago (in 2007), Wii, X360 and PS3 sold a total of 412k.

The 7th generation is about 260M and these guys expect that in this 8th generation PS4 and XOne alone sell 200M? Are they crazy?

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Imaginedvl said:
BeElite said:
DJEVOLVE said:
FlamingWeazel said:
DJEVOLVE said:
. PS4 hype is hi right now but will die down in March. Titanfall needs to bring the heat and they need to release that damn Titanfall bundle.

Initial sales of PS4 are that of the hardcore crowd. The games are ok but MS does have them on this front so far.

LOL more wishfull thinking. Also disagree, PS4 has way more variety and games early on, march is the show, infamous, just got outlast, don't starve. What has x1 had?

Even when the hype dies it will still outsell x1 weekly, titanfall is not going to change that.

9 of my local walmarts have stock.

Yes hype is hi but it won't last forever. Early adopters are the core crowd, most won't jump ship until next year. With Halo and Titanfall coming, it's hardly over and way to early to call. 
MS has a lot of tricks up it's sleeves and the money to do so. Seems Sony is holding on by a string and PS4 might not save it. If MS want to get competive, they have the resources to do so, Sony does not. They are up against a wall in all other business's accept PS4.

And Uncharted 4 is coming, and all other Sony exclusives and 3rd party games that run and look better on PS4.

lol MS money, yahh yet its biggest shareholders want to kill the fraking xbox thats how happy they are dumping money at it.  So get over some delusion of MS money means greatness and success for Xbox, shareholders will not tolarate such sentiments. 

PS4 does not need to save it, they already decied to kill half their product lines and focus primerly on PS and a few others.  They basiclaly have to succed or die, this is some good motivation Sony has over its comp.  Sony only though is kill the comp make PS4 massive success.  While at MS some are thingking how to kill the Xbox.  Intresting is it not.

Are you high? I think you missunderstood some "news" on the internet talking about "some" investors (you know, random nonames out there) and Microsoft's people and/or "biggest shareholders" lol... Maybe in your fantasy world, Microsoft is going to get ride of the Xbox (and even Surface/Bing) brand alltogether. Do not mixup hopes and reality :) 

i dont see them getting rid of it, neither do i have some lala land fantasy where MS spends countless billions just to surpass PS4 like some lost individuals thinks is a likely reality.  As liely as unicors flying.

But news that some shareholders want it gone is some awefull bad PR for the brand.  This gen is one negative for the X after another, and much of it is all MS own doing. 

Augen said:
I expect at least a ~30% decline on total console sales this generation.
Last generation saw ~260 million consoles sold
This generation I would venture have ~180 million consoles sold total

The odds of two consoles breaking 100 million mark in a generation is hard to believe. My predictions now base don a 6-7 year life cycle?

PlayStation 4 - 90-100 million
Xbox One - 50-60 million
Wii U - 30-35million
Total - 170-195 million

I would love to be wrong and see consoles sell like hotcakes for years to come.

nice approach to the problem.  Only thing I would question is the 30% decline. Mainly because Wii sold to a lot of casual and a small percentage of PS3s early on where sold as blu ray players and/or given away with TVs as bluray players to sell Sony's TVs.

I wouldn't be surpised if the drop of is somewhere closer to 40% in the long run.

But who knows what will happen maybe one of them or al lof them show us something unique that will ignite sales.  This thread will be fun to read in a few years tim to see how close people are in their predictions.

That's a high prediction. Even PS4 might not make it that high

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018