By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U only 2% of Ubisoft sales for Q3 2013 (PS4: 12% X1: 9%)

4 of my 11 Wii U games are from Ubisoft and I wanted to buy Rayman Legends... in February 2013 and not in August or September and so there were people like me. So no support for Ubisoft for no support for Wii U gamers. No I don't want to blame Ubisoft for all the things that happened but there were everytime some disadvantages of the Wii U version:

Blacklist: no offline coop

AC IV: delayed, no hope for DLC

Rayman Legends: dalayed

and now Watch Dogs: delayed

Wondering about bad sales? No. It is Nintendos fault, too. But in Q3 there were a lot of releases after nearly nothing in Q1 and Q2. Rayman Legends as the top seller in a time when the Wii U needed it? No.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to throw more marketing resources into their third party releases. That's the only way to attract third party developers, and also gain new consumers not interested in Mario, Link, Donkey Kong or the Wii franchise. Nintendo's first party games will basically sell with minimum marketing. The company needs to show the market that there is much more to Wii U than just Nintendo's own games. Not doing such a thing, is the main reason why Ubi Soft sales are so low.

Nintendo did the right aproach with ZombiU. They should have done the same with Rayman Legends (in other words sell it in an hardware package). Nintendo would probably have kept Rayman Legend as an exclusive game if they had shown it enough interest.

so we going to keep making excuses and ignore that PS4 and xone, two consoles that JUST released have a higher percentage than Wii U? Sounds about right.

HintHRO said:
How about the Vita? Oh yeah... nobody cares because it's a Sony platform (it is 0%: https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/d20140210030508ubisoft%20q3%20fy14%20english%20finaltcm99128069.pdf )

There were 0 Vita games released by Ubisoft in Q3.

This is the only industry I know of in which the consumer is blamed for a poorly selling product.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
so we going to keep making excuses and ignore that PS4 and xone, two consoles that JUST released have a higher percentage than Wii U? Sounds about right.

when their other games options are angry birds, knack and ryse... i think it sounds about right

We reap what we sow

why all the excuses? it's Nintendo and Nintendo fans fault., looks like ubi will be jumping off soon

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

DarkNight_DS said:

The Vita is getting next to no sales across the board for third parties yet it continues to get their support.  Go figure!

What support? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

32.5 million euros ain't bad for like what? 4 or 5 ports that cost a million each to port over from 360/PS3?

The percentage is low but it's not a bad ROI.

Business is about return on investment and the Wii U offers very little. Even if publishers are thinking they'll get a best case scenario with a launch on the Wii U, that scenario is probably still well behind an average yield scenario on the other consoles.

What happens then? Business is also about resource management. When tough decisions have to be made, it's the lowest god on the totem pole that takes the hit. Resources will be pulled from the sector that is projected to perform the worst. Watch Dogs is probably a classic example of that.

Right now, with cross-gen titles, development is probably very hectic and deadlines are likely getting stretched. Not a good time to be on the bottom rung.