By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North America versus Europe - who would win in an all out war?

North America or Europe? - continent wise

North America 320 50.24%

Europe 313 49.14%

Total:633

If you count Rusia then Europe if not North America

Around the Network
marley said:

If the EU does not have enough good ships to really attack (only defend), then there wouldn't really be much of a fight on two fronts for NA. 

True, but Russians military fleet can operate on both oceans. They got military port on Crimea and Tartarus base in Syria, but that's not enough to fight on Atlantic Ocean. They just need islands/bases to refuel.

I don't want to sound overly harsh towards NA but it's generally well accepted by anyone in the armed forces around Europe that the US army is poorly trained and highly arrogant/unprofessional and typically only wins engagements due to their superior tech... The only reason Europe is so far behind is simply because the governments here cannot convince their citizens such spending is needed whereas is quite easy to convince the apish and moronic masses that such things are needed in the US especially. European society focuses much less on military accomplishment unlike in NA and we're much less fixated on warfare.

However NA would probably win if they could get it over and done with quickly simply due to their superior tech and the reach of their Navy and Airforce. If Europe could draw them out into a lengthy war (a few years) eventually they would win.

I feel like canada and mexico would never join US forces, so I don't know.

The answer first is no one. There is a reason a major war between powerful nations has not happened since 1945. It would be suicide for either side, and who would gain anything from such a disastrous war that would send us into a 40 year depression?

If you wanted to take out nukes, then clearly the Finnish would win. Suomen kaikkien!

Around the Network
InitiatedSpoon said:
I don't want to sound overly harsh towards NA but it's generally well accepted by anyone in the armed forces around Europe that the US army is poorly trained and highly arrogant/unprofessional and typically only wins engagements due to their superior tech... The only reason Europe is so far behind is simply because the governments here cannot convince their citizens such spending is needed whereas is quite easy to convince the apish and moronic masses that such things are needed in the US especially. European society focuses much less on military accomplishment unlike in NA and we're much less fixated on warfare.

However NA would probably win if they could get it over and done with quickly simply due to their superior tech and the reach of their Navy and Airforce. If Europe could draw them out into a lengthy war (a few years) eventually they would win.

Europe alone ( or maybe EU to be more precise ) is close to nothing vs US. Everybody agreed with this. US got a lot of military camps/bases in Middle East so they can attack from 2 sides, moreover they can hit directly almost all  oil/gas pipelines, day one. Moreover, a lot of european countries like Italy, Spain, Greece, Romania Bulgaria etc is miliaty sh*t with no real opportunity to even defend themselves. Only Germany, France and UK ( Royal Navy ) can fight, but not so long. That's why Russia change the whole situation - with EU forces, they can immediately ,, turn off " almost all of US's Middle East bases. This is the most important factor.

XanderXT said:
I guess Europe or North America wins this. The real winner, however would be Asia, as they would dominate the Market.

Asia would lose out big time since so much of their trade happens with Europe and NA. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

USA would win. Their military budget is just insane, 40% of the whole world's military expenditures. Even Russia is a military lightweight when compared to the USA - US military expenditures are 652 % higher than those of russia.

When it comes to bringing death, war and terror to the world, no one beats the US I'm afraid.

The oh so mighty US Army wasn't even able to beat Vietnam! They would probably capture france in an instant but other than that they would fail horribly. Good thing such a war is not on the horizon as it there would really be only losers.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

JEMC said:
marley said:
KingofTrolls said:

If we added Russia to the EU, they will win. Why ? Fight on two fronts. No country afford to do that. Much bigger resources than North America. . And Russians military technology can fight vs US technology.
Ships, tanks, rockets etc.

If not - USA will win. Why ? EU does not have enough good ships to fight on seas, they dont have a real opportunity to attack, they can only defend themselves, thats all.

On other hand, i think Russia/China/arabic countries vs USA/Eu/Japan conflict is more likely.

If the EU does not have enough good ships to really attack (only defend), then there wouldn't really be much of a fight on two fronts for NA. 

The Navy of the European countries isn't up to the Navy of the US, so in a 1 on 1 war, it would have to defend. But in a 2 fronts war, the US would have to split its Navy in 2 groups, Pacific and Atlantic, and in that scenario the Navy of Europe could take a more agressive role.

In my opinion, th US would win because their army would all be under 1 command, avoiding a lot of the confusion that would reign over the European armies, but also because despite what they could say, they would use atomic bombs if they think it's worth it.

They're not just talking about the US though.  Wouldn't Canada and Mexico be able to help defend on one front while the US moves most of their forces on the other one?