By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BREAKING NEWS! Iranian warships approaching U.S.

Tagged games:

Listen, the U.S. isn't really the country we used to be...and we've been overtaken in a lot of departments we used to be number 1 in. But we are still easily #1 in the world at blowing shit up.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Cobretti2 said:

i did read the OP, i also watched that news video. WAY OVER THE TOP for a news story on a couple small ships.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not anymore... My brain hurts.

Maybe they are coming to take Bieber away from us.

lol im agreeing that is is no news that has been blown out by the media as usual.

If they took Bieber with him I am sure america would donate some of their old naval vessels as part of the package lol.

I wonder how many "Nintendo" medals will be awarded after this?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

BraveNewWorld said:
FattyDingDong said:
BraveNewWorld said:
FattyDingDong said:
BraveNewWorld said:
Iran must want a modern version of Alexander burning Persepolis to the ground.

You're honestly comparing ancient Persians to modern Iran. Lol.  they were far ahead back then.

I'm saying the United States would do to Tehran what Greek did to Persepolis, if Iran were to get out of line.

US is far superior to Iran today. Iran has poor infrastructure. Back then Persia was on par with the Greeks. So thats why your comparison was kinda stupid. No offense.   OR you're trying to point out that the "WEST" will crush the EAST. You have that mentality?

Greek burned Persepolis to the ground. The United States would burn Tehran to the ground. I'm saying the destruction that Iran would face, would be akin to the destruction Persia saw. The Achaemenid Empire ceased to exist after Alexander was through with them.

I never once said that Iran's military was on par with the United States' military. Or that the west is better than the east. Your assertion that Persia was on par with Greece when they fought is wrong. Persia's economy was in ruin due to oppressive taxes.

I get it you're one of those folks that rely on movies such as "300" for history lessons.  You should actually do some real research kid. Not just about the glorious Alexander The Great.  Whom I think has been fictionalized yet I still admire his courageousness.

I trust no one, not even myself.

X1Gates said:
American arrogance never ceases to amaze me, they believe superior tech always equals victory, if that was the case their ass shouldn't have been whopped in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Vietnam etc. It's all about the heart and when you are facing people who don't fear death and believe that the after life is where it is all at, then my friends you are in trouble. Put aside your arrogance and see this threat as dangerous and with Chinese submarines surfacing behind American ships the world is changing and i believe we are heading towards a ww3 and a deadly one as well.

Hopefully I get to play the Order 1886 before shit hits the fan :)

You just listed a series of wars that were characterised by guerilla tactics.

Straight up clean shooting war, particularly a naval battle, you don't want to be on any side that doesn't include the USA.

Could this change? Sure.  But no time soon.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wow, so nothing is actually happening. Interesting.

no nothing is not happening. Iran are making a whole country paranoid with two toy boats in international waters. 

Making our whole country paranoid. Interesting. Show me where in a major American news source this story is being pushed. I see it in UK and other newspapers. If it weren't for this thread, I would have no idea.

Lol this would be like a Kindergartener trying to fight a professional MMA fighter

FattyDingDong said:
BraveNewWorld said:
FattyDingDong said:
BraveNewWorld said:
FattyDingDong said:
BraveNewWorld said:
Iran must want a modern version of Alexander burning Persepolis to the ground.

You're honestly comparing ancient Persians to modern Iran. Lol.  they were far ahead back then.

I'm saying the United States would do to Tehran what Greek did to Persepolis, if Iran were to get out of line.

US is far superior to Iran today. Iran has poor infrastructure. Back then Persia was on par with the Greeks. So thats why your comparison was kinda stupid. No offense.   OR you're trying to point out that the "WEST" will crush the EAST. You have that mentality?

Greek burned Persepolis to the ground. The United States would burn Tehran to the ground. I'm saying the destruction that Iran would face, would be akin to the destruction Persia saw. The Achaemenid Empire ceased to exist after Alexander was through with them.

I never once said that Iran's military was on par with the United States' military. Or that the west is better than the east. Your assertion that Persia was on par with Greece when they fought is wrong. Persia's economy was in ruin due to oppressive taxes.

I get it you're one of those folks that rely on movies such as "300" for history lessons.  You should actually do some real research kid. Not just about the glorious Alexander The Great.  Whom I think has been fictionalized yet I still admire his courageousness.

Nothing he said was wrong. You are arguing just for the sake of it

Porcupine_I said:
If i was Iran, i would only announce that their latest stealth ships would travel to America undetected, then stay at home and make everyone look for their invisible stealth ships.

ROTFL! This would be priceless, what a shame ayatollahs and pasdarans don't have enough sense of humour. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

When something like this happens (and the North Korea one) patriotic americans show up on the internet and act like they can take down whole armies with their "trusty boomsticks", and when they go away they go back to hating their own country and their military ?

WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO VAIN ALL THE TIME?