By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BREAKING NEWS! Iranian warships approaching U.S.

Tagged games:

soulsamurai said:

Those planes were not really....the best planes in the day and best not to be used as a comparison to what a US bomber can do especially by todays standards. They used no true bombers as well. Fighters are mainly made for knocking other planes out of the sky. Planes in that attack are below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mystere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_III

with plane's today as you stated its not the same anymore, when your fighter jets like the f15 , f18 etc has attack abilities to even attack such ships with cover of high elevation, combined with low radar sig's. that the electronics war package on the Iranian would make all the diff. in how quick could they react against a fighter attack, than how well protected that ships belt armor is vs the grade of the ability to pump flooding out of the ship as quick as they can, along with the crew in ready rep.

example:

a single F18C/D  Has the ability to kill surface ship targets on board the oponent ship in other words take out its teeth to be boarded!

one 20-mm M61A1 Vulcan six-barrel rotary cannon with 570 rounds; up to 7711 kg (17,000 Ib) of disposable stores, including AAMs, ASMs, anti-ship missiles, free-fall or guided bombs, cluster bombs, dispenser weapons, napalm tanks, rocket launchers, drop tanks and ECM pods, carried on nine external hardpoints

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
Busted said:

I wanna see some action, hope they shoot a gun or two, or cannon or whatever, i don't know anything about war ships.

- for someone who may know more than me, just out of curiosity, of course considering the potential risks, would it be easy for a (1) plane (like an F 22 or whatevs) to take down a ship like this?

436ft

- What i mean is, in a perfect scenario would a combat plane be able to destroy it easily? or would it take some shots? or it wouldn't be able to? :)

What I would assume is that it has some sort of anti-aircraft guns onboard which will prevent any ordinary plane from sinking it, but a stealth should avoid detection and drop the democracy from high altitude

I lol'd pretty hard.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

American arrogance never ceases to amaze me, they believe superior tech always equals victory, if that was the case their ass shouldn't have been whopped in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Vietnam etc. It's all about the heart and when you are facing people who don't fear death and believe that the after life is where it is all at, then my friends you are in trouble. Put aside your arrogance and see this threat as dangerous and with Chinese submarines surfacing behind American ships the world is changing and i believe we are heading towards a ww3 and a deadly one as well.

Hopefully I get to play the Order 1886 before shit hits the fan :)

They are still in international waters so its perfectly fine.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

If i was Iran, i would only announce that their latest stealth ships would travel to America undetected, then stay at home and make everyone look for their invisible stealth ships.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
The whole Navy? Both ships?

The entire Navy. All 2 ships.

"if that was the case their ass shouldn't have been whopped in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Vietnam etc."

More lolz

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

Wow, so nothing is actually happening. Interesting.

The worst they can do is launch a nuke upwards to detonate over the US thermosphere and create an EMP that shoots down the power grid and ends up killing half of the American population over two decades.

But that's like the worst, worst case. So no worries.

deskpro2k3 said:
Busted said:

I wanna see some action, hope they shoot a gun or two, or cannon or whatever, i don't know anything about war ships.

- for someone who may know more than me, just out of curiosity, of course considering the potential risks, would it be easy for a (1) plane (like an F 22 or whatevs) to take down a ship like this?

436ft

- What i mean is, in a perfect scenario would a combat plane be able to destroy it easily? or would it take some shots? or it wouldn't be able to? :)

If the ship is equipped with anti-aircraft weapons, I assume it'll be hard for the aircraft to get close, and with gun turrets it can defend itself against incoming missiles. But yes, I think one or two good shots from a F-22 can do the trick if it gets in range undetected.

Chances are we would not even get within range of their missles when we launched ours. Not to mention you can sure as hell bet that we have a Sub in the area monitoring them.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut