By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BREAKING NEWS! Iranian warships approaching U.S.

Tagged games:

haxxiy said:
The worst they can do is launch a nuke upwards to detonate over the US thermosphere and create an EMP that shoots down the power grid and ends up killing half of the American population over two decades.

But that's like the worst, worst case. So no worries.

So Iran has nukes now? Hmmm.... I thought the whole fuss over the last five years about their nascent nuclear program was about that... I guess they just got some.

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:

Those planes were not really....the best planes in the day and best not to be used as a comparison to what a US bomber can do especially by todays standards. They used no true bombers as well. Fighters are mainly made for knocking other planes out of the sky. Planes in that attack are below.

Yeah, the Mirages were primarily fighter jets that only attacked with rockets and 30mm rounds. But the Mysteres were fighter-bombers that attacked the USS liberty with bombs. Furthermore, the USS liberty was also hit by torpedos from israeli torpedo boats, a single one of which created a 12m wide hole.

So, while you're probably right that current weaponry is a lot stronger, it was still hit by somewhat heavy weaponry from multiple attackers, for hours.

VitroBahllee said:

So Iran has nukes now? Hmmm.... I thought the whole fuss over the last five years about their nascent nuclear program was about that... I guess they just got some.

well in that case the operation may be a go ahead

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

NintendoPie said:
Wow, so nothing is actually happening. Interesting.

no nothing is not happening. Iran are making a whole country paranoid with two toy boats in international waters. 

Nice but they got nothing on the SS Anne

Around the Network
BraveNewWorld said:
Iran must want a modern version of Alexander burning Persepolis to the ground.

You're honestly comparing ancient Persians to modern Iran. Lol.  they were far ahead back then.

I trust no one, not even myself.

They are obviously trolling. I guess they enjoy the spotlight.

Its like an ant poking at an elephant.

That or maybe they really want a war?

This is worrisome...

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Nem said:
They are obviously trolling. I guess they enjoy the spotlight.

Its like an ant poking at an elephant.

That or maybe they really want a war?

exactly if anything Iran may have just 

I mean Iran does have a Navy , but as for real powerful warships , well that depends on how you would view power, for instance the ships they have are not just really weak say from the late 1950's to early 70's well they even have some decent ships from those points in time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Navy

In terms of major surface ships, Iran relies on its Alvand Class Frigates as well as the new Jamaran-Class Frigates which indigenously developed in Iran is a reverse engineered Alvand Class with Modern Electronics and Radar and Armament. Iran's three destroyers are over 50 years old and are kept in material reserve  The Iranian Navy does not include capital ships; their largest ships are five frigates and three corvettes, all of which are armed with modern anti-ship missiles.

they even have sub's

but the fleet is so small, that an engagement would be over with very quick, So quick that it may not even be Time of engagement of several days's it may just be hours. With Iran on the run using the water field of view to put as much distance between the US Navy as much as they could to hide and seek play for distance, the Problem with that is with advanced Tracking of fleet movement's it would be not long before a wolf pack of US Subs hunt that fleet down, since its just two ships it would be a very short engagement.

Nahang-class submarine

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

FattyDingDong said:
BraveNewWorld said:
Iran must want a modern version of Alexander burning Persepolis to the ground.

You're honestly comparing ancient Persians to modern Iran. Lol.  they were far ahead back then.

I'm saying the United States would do to Tehran what Greek did to Persepolis, if Iran were to get out of line.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata