By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BREAKING NEWS! Iranian warships approaching U.S.

Tagged games:

aww how sweet of them showing their boats :D,

No seriuosly whats happening ? if they carry nuclear missiles we are funcked!!!

Around the Network

Not a big problem: five times a day, their crew's asses are a far too easy target.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ryuzaki57 said:
Iran had a navy?

It's the smallest force in their military, also a reason why the standoff in the straight of Hormuz wasn't met with 'warships' but tiny zodiac style fast-movers, because Iran knows a direct face-off with the US Navy is not in their best interests.

That having been said, they aren't breaking any laws, and they're just hanging out at the meritime borders.  No laws being broken.

Who would of thought that a countrys Navy would travel seas near other countrys. Shocking breaking news.

Who cares? US warships are constantly near iranian waters, which of course is a much bigger provocation than a few tiny ships bypassing US territory on a harmless training mission.

Absolutely no reason to be scared, sorry.

Around the Network

I wanna see some action, hope they shoot a gun or two, or cannon or whatever, i don't know anything about war ships.

- for someone who may know more than me, just out of curiosity, of course considering the potential risks, would it be easy for a (1) plane (like an F 22 or whatevs) to take down a ship like this?

436ft

- What i mean is, in a perfect scenario would a combat plane be able to destroy it easily? or would it take some shots? or it wouldn't be able to? :)

Iran must want a modern version of Alexander burning Persepolis to the ground.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Busted said:

I wanna see some action, hope they shoot a gun or two, or cannon or whatever, i don't know anything about war ships.

- for someone who may know more than me, just out of curiosity, of course considering the potential risks, would it be easy for a (1) plane (like an F 22 or whatevs) to take down a ship like this?

436ft

- What i mean is, in a perfect scenario would a combat plane be able to destroy it easily? or would it take some shots? or it wouldn't be able to? :)

If the ship is equipped with anti-aircraft weapons, I assume it'll be hard for the aircraft to get close, and with gun turrets it can defend itself against incoming missiles. But yes, I think one or two good shots from a F-22 can do the trick if it gets in range undetected.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Busted said:

436ft

What I would assume is that it has some sort of anti-aircraft guns onboard which will prevent any ordinary plane from sinking it, but a stealth should avoid detection and drop the democracy from high altitude

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

This is worrisome. No, not because there is any fear of these ships doing any real harm, they're gnats to the US Navy, but because of those 30 navy academy cadets. It feels almost like a martyr mission.