By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we ever get a new 2D Metroid game again?

they should do one I mean it might not sell in the millions but at least it is cheaper to make so they make a profit out of it anyway.

I prefer the 3d ones though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I sure hope so 2D Metroid >>>>> 3D Metroid.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

VitroBahllee said:
I'd really love this. I'm sure that tons of people would. "Samus's New Metroid" - to fall in line with 'Yoshi's New Island.'

If the graphics are an ugly 2.5D mess like New Island I'm not buying. It gets in the way of the gameplay and is in no way an upgrade.

Oh, they better do it, I NEED Metroid 5. The way Fusion ended created very interesting possibilities for the sequel, story-wise. But I'm afraid of the art style they might use... 2D games on a 3D graphic can look pretty weird at times.

And I have mixed feelings about a Metroid 2 remake. On one hand, I'd absolutely love it. On the other, there is a fan working pretty hard for quite some time now and it'd be pretty bad if all his work went for nothing. It's called AM2R, and it looks oh so sweet.

Maybe, but I hope not.

Around the Network

This year they will announce it.

I think after Other M they are reluctant to make one. I hope im wrong

nevehh......

oniyide said:

Other M wasn't even a 2D Metroid like Fusion or Zero Mission. It was a train wreck that mixed many types of  Metroid gameplay and none of them were executed properly.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
oniyide said:

Other M wasn't even a 2D Metroid like Fusion or Zero Mission. It was a train wreck that mixed many types of  Metroid gameplay and none of them were executed properly.

I get that but that wasnt my point, you said in the OP that they were supposed to do something after Other M but nothing ever came about. So one could think that that game didnt sell as much as they wanted and whatever follow up got canned or is still shelved.