By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's $100 Offer Exposes its Fear That Sony Will Win the PS4 vs Xbox One War

smart move MS

Around the Network

I think it really exposes their marketing boss is really dumb, if anything...

mutantclown said:

By that logic, with everything that's happening at Sony, is everyone there dumb? Or is just MS dumb?

Back when the PS3 was $600. Sony was offering the consoles for $100 off if you bought it with a Target credit card. Both me and my cousin bought our PS3s with this card. A lot of companies offer deals like this. So fucking what.

ironmanDX said:
mutantclown said:

By that logic, with everything that's happening at Sony, is everyone there dumb? Or is just MS dumb?

I agree.  M$ marketing team should be getting big bonuses.  They have taken a badly damaged brand form the System announcement, weaker system, $100 higher cost, and launching in 1/3 of the countries.  With all of that, the XB1 is only behind a million or so!   What a great success for M$'s marketing team.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Landguy said:
ironmanDX said:
mutantclown said:

I agree.  M$ marketing team should be getting big bonuses.  They have taken a badly damaged brand form the System announcement, weaker system, $100 higher cost, and launching in 1/3 of the countries.  With all of that, the XB1 is only behind a million or so!   What a great success for M$'s marketing team.

Still managed one of the biggest console launches of all time....

Just because it's behind the PS4, it's proclaimed as having weak sales.... Perspective, most on this site have trouble with it.

Landguy said:
ironmanDX said:
mutantclown said:

Hey, sometimes companies bad decisions. Remember the PS3, PSP Go, Vita... any of this ringing any bells?

Sony finally did something right with the PS4. Xbox One isn't all doom and gloom, selling less doesn't mean its doing terrible. This isn't original Xbox vs PS2. There are things MS can do to stimulate sales and they have the money to take some risks.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Landguy said:
ironmanDX said:
mutantclown said:

Hey, sometimes companies bad decisions. Remember the PS3, PSP Go, Vita... any of this ringing any bells?

Sony finally did something right with the PS4. Xbox One isn't all doom and gloom, selling less doesn't mean its doing terrible. This isn't original Xbox vs PS2. There are things MS can do to stimulate sales and they have the money to take some risks.

Huh?

I think the XB1 is doing great. 

My point is that it is doing great even with all of those challenges. Knowing that M$ won't give up, things will only get better.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:

Huh?

I think the XB1 is doing great. 

My point is that it is doing great even with all of those challenges. Knowing that M$ won't give up, things will only get better.

Ah, I read that again. I missed your point.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Actually, Sony owns both Japan, Europe and rest of the world. The U.S. was the only market where the Xbox 360 was ahead of the PS3. And actually, look again, the total worldwide sales for PS3 have surpassed the Xbox 360. What is happening now is that Sony has won back consumers it lost after the PS2 with the PS4. So, you could actually say the king is back. 

As it stands the PS4 has sold at least 1 million more worldwide and it hasn't even launched in Japan yet. The gap will soon widen. Don't forget that pre-order charts show stronger numbers for the PS4 versions of Watchdogs and Destiny. Then you have Infamous Second Son and The Order 1886 which have built quite some hype already. Only Titanfall can do something for Microsoft know but since it is also coming out for the 360 and PC this could already be pointless.