By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's $100 Offer Exposes its Fear That Sony Will Win the PS4 vs Xbox One War

Kratos0Ace87 said:

Actually, Sony owns both Japan, Europe and rest of the world. The U.S. was the only market where the Xbox 360 was ahead of the PS3. And actually, look again, the total worldwide sales for PS3 have surpassed the Xbox 360. What is happening now is that Sony has won back consumers it lost after the PS2 with the PS4. So, you could actually say the king is back. 

As it stands the PS4 has sold at least 1 million more worldwide and it hasn't even launched in Japan yet. The gap will soon widen. Don't forget that pre-order charts show stronger numbers for the PS4 versions of Watchdogs and Destiny. Then you have Infamous Second Son and The Order 1886 which have built quite some hype already. Only Titanfall can do something for Microsoft know but since it is also coming out for the 360 and PC this could already be pointless.

You use pre-order figures in favour of PS4 to Xbox One for Watch_Dogs and Destiny, then use then neglect to mention the Xbox One version of Titanfall is smashing both PC and 360 combined in the same post....

You're a funny one, aren't you?

Around the Network

spurgeonryan said:

Playstation is a bigger brand? That is why according to Seece the X360 is still technically ahead of PS3 or recently passed? Only worldwide because Sony owns Japan. Microsoft cannot get a foothold.

PS3 won every region in the world aside from North America despite a serious price and PR advantage for the first half of the gen (and even now they're still at a slight price disadvantage for entry model, but it's not that severe thankfully).

And on top of that, PS3 is only entering it's 8th year while the 360 is entering it's 9th. PS3 is tracking 6 million ahead.

daredevil.shark said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Catch up how? No one game will make x1 catch up, it would be hard even if it was the same price due to Playstation being a stronger World wide brand that sells in all territories not just US, not sure why the media never knows this. PS3 launched 16 months late in europe and was expensive and still outsold 360 fast in europe. In order for it to catch up it would have to outsell it weekly that is not happening period.

Thank god, there is someone who thinks logically. A sudden boom wont help Xbox Onr to close the gap. Plus PS brand always has a strong brand value and diverse game library.

Thank you BOTH for being logical!  Hoestly the only conventional option I see right now for MS is to scrap Kinect + Headset + maybe Disc Drive, and sell the console for $300 with a great line up of new exclusives.  Otherwise they are still trying to convince people to pay a similar price for a console that is substainially weaker, has less brand power, costs more to use online, and is stuck with far worse regard than the PS4 is...

Yes I'm sure MS is shaking in their boots since they made 16b in profits last quarter while Sony lost 1b.

dsp333 said:

spurgeonryan said:

Playstation is a bigger brand? That is why according to Seece the X360 is still technically ahead of PS3 or recently passed? Only worldwide because Sony owns Japan. Microsoft cannot get a foothold.

PS3 won every region in the world aside from North America despite a serious price and PR advantage for the first half of the gen (and even now they're still at a slight price disadvantage for entry model, but it's not that severe thankfully).

And on top of that, PS3 is only entering it's 8th year while the 360 is entering it's 9th. PS3 is tracking 6 million ahead.

PS2 tracked 120 million ahead of Xbox. Sony lost 50% of their marketshare to MS last gen. PS3 was an absolute failure.

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
Yes I'm sure MS is shaking in their boots since they made 16b in profits last quarter while Sony lost 1b.

Clearly desperate times indeed. I mean what kind of business runs specials.

prayformojo said:
The industry is better when MS is squirming like a little worm on a hook. So, so, satisfying.

Unfortunately that squirming worm on the hook you talk about is Sony at the moment. I take it that you are totally oblivious to the latest financial results of both companies. Microsoft is in a far better position to drop prices on the One for regaining Market share if it needs. The $100 offer is standard competeive and marketing practice. It is normal for businesses to this kind of thing. Love how Sony fans like to beat it up though. The latest Sony losses have rally made the fanboys very nervous and defensive it would seem. Trust me the Xbox brand is alot safer then the PS brand when you consider the health of the parent company.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

tuscaniman99 said:

MS made $6.6bn last quarter not $16bn ;) . Not even  Apple made $16bn. 

Also Sony made $800 million last quarter. They are prediciting a $1.1bn loss for the whole year though. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I still think XB1 wont ever truly start competing until it is noticeably cheaper than PS4

or if Sony started similar exclusives-drought as the 360 had at the mid/end of its lifespan and MS keeps new exclusives coming year after year.

True exclusives ofcourse, I see Titanfall losing some of its thunder for being also a PC game, multisystem players like me just don't have much need for Xbox when lot of its games also come for my PC.

I think the PS4 will continue to grow its lead. It is the more powerful system, it is cheaper, the features people were bitching about last gen are now included and Gaikai still hasn't been released. When it is and the games are available, it is over in terms of sales this gen. Not saying MS wont do well, they just wont beat Sony.