By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sega Master System

Yaaaaaa my 1st Sega Game System.
Loved me some Y's on the SMS.
Also, Rambo had an awesome shooter that I could not get enough of.
Castle Of Illusion, Golden Axe, Outrun, OMG, the memories.

Around the Network
sabastian said:
Yaaaaaa my 1st Sega Game System.
Loved me some Y's on the SMS.
Also, Rambo had an awesome shooter that I could not get enough of.
Castle Of Illusion, Golden Axe, Outrun, OMG, the memories.

Castle of Illusion, Land of Illusion Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap was *brilliant*... Golden Axe, damn, yes. That sprite flickering... Alex Kidd in Miracle World... Shinobi! Hang-on... I can't remember them all but I remember those lovely times...

Loved my SMS. Lots of great gaming memories (Outrun, Space Harrier and Space Harrier 3-D, Fantasy Zone 1 and 2, Zillion, Wonder Boy, R-Type...)

I think that NES 90% market share was only true for Japan and USA.

SMS was very competitive in Europe just like the Mega Drive and it basically ruled Brazil until the PSone from what I've heard/read.

Action Fighter and Psycho Fox were two of my personal fav's. I was a NES man but my cousins all had Master Systems and I picked one up cheap just after I got a SNES.

Around the Network

The numbers of wikipedia are inflated. SMS only made success in Brazil, which was a microscope market at the time.

For Dreamcast to?

Just noticed wikipedia also have a much higher figure for the Mega Drive.

Why is it that Sega consoles tend to be difficult to know an accurate figure?

I didn't play SMS until I played the blue screen of death Phantasy Star port on GBA. My friends and I all owned NES. I owned a SNES next, but had friends who had a Genesis, one of them ended up getting the Sega Channel which was awesome.

That device was really, really successfull in my country. Not long ago (around 4 or 5 years) it was even possible to find it in shops!