By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take-Two shoots down idea of developing any Wii U games

Following this idea that Take-Two's content goes where the consumer goes, Zelnick spoke about the company's relationship, or lack thereof, with Nintendo and the Wii U console. 

Take-Two believes that Wii U just doesn't have the consumer base to warrant its attention right now. "Our strategy is to meet consumers where they are," Zelnick elaborated. "If they're buying hardware, we'll be there with software. That said, we make these really big, AAA titles that work on some platforms, but not others."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/07/take-two-ceo-tablet-gaming-not-quite-there-yet

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99913406&postcount=1

Around the Network

Post a positive wiiu thread for once :p

Unfortunately, their thoughts are justified at this point.

Thanks for sharing these news though. Must be tough for you to see many negative articles regarding WiiU. Am I right?

Too bad for wii u

Seems pretty obvious. I don't think any third parties should really bother with Wii U aside from eShop games or ports of last-gen titles as long as they aren't expensive. I own a Wii U, but I would rather play a third party game on another system.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
Too bad for wii u

its all good, Sonic News today overthrows this anyway

tbone51 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Too bad for wii u

its all good, Sonic News today overthrows this anyway

I think I'd take these news over that... thing.

VitroBahllee said:
Seems pretty obvious. I don't think any third parties should really bother with Wii U aside from eShop games or ports of last-gen titles as long as they aren't expensive. I own a Wii U, but I would rather play a third party game on another system.

thats why its no point, WiiU+PS4 or WiiU+X1 (im going with the former) this gen kind of like last gen!

Oh well... That doesn't mean we can't have Chinatown Wars 2 on the 3ds right guys?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

this isn't even news. When was the last time they developed on a Nintendo console other then some shovelware table tennis game on Wii.

Also his comment is kind of stupid in general ""If they're buying hardware, we'll be there with software:" as Wii was selling like hot cakes so where was the software.

Just admit the truth we known it for years.