By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall 360 delayed to Mar 25th for "finishing touches".

Tagged games:

J_Allard said:
Fusioncode said:
J_Allard said:
Brilliant, MS. GOTG on Xbone on the 11th, and then the 360 version will dwarf Infamous a couple weeks later.

I love how you post this and then try to make fun of "console warz" just a couple posts later. How sad. 

Maybe read a little harder. I laughed at the idea of MS, a multibillion dollar corporation, doing something for console warz.

I hope that helped.

No I already understand exactly what you're doing. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
J_Allard said:
Fusioncode said:
J_Allard said:
Brilliant, MS. GOTG on Xbone on the 11th, and then the 360 version will dwarf Infamous a couple weeks later.

I love how you post this and then try to make fun of "console warz" just a couple posts later. How sad. 

Maybe read a little harder. I laughed at the idea of MS, a multibillion dollar corporation, doing something for console warz.

I hope that helped.

No I already understand exactly what you're doing. 

Yet your incorrect post would suggest otherwise. Oh well.

oniyide said:
binary solo said:
So it's now a timed console exclusive for reals.

I'm sure the reason for the delay is legit, but I'm equally sure MS is very happy for it to be this way. Should be good for a bit more of a XB one sales boost. Though I'm thinking for the most part the people who were planning to get it on 360 are probably still going to get the 360 version.

no it isnt its still coming out same day for PC 

but you are right about it being legit anyone thinks MS or whoever is doing this to bolster xone sales isnt really using their noggin. Its a two week wait. Do people really think that the mainstream have 500+ dollars to say screw it i cant wait two weeks to play? Nope. If they were buying it on 360 this isnt changing their minds. Had it been a month then yeah.

Which is why I wrote "timed console exclusive".

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

My theory on the matter is as follows; They don't want the crap version ruining the release of the great version.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

oniyide said:
jlmurph2 said:
oniyide said:
binary solo said:
So it's now a timed console exclusive for reals.

I'm sure the reason for the delay is legit, but I'm equally sure MS is very happy for it to be this way. Should be good for a bit more of a XB one sales boost. Though I'm thinking for the most part the people who were planning to get it on 360 are probably still going to get the 360 version.

no it isnt its still coming out same day for PC 

but you are right about it being legit anyone thinks MS or whoever is doing this to bolster xone sales isnt really using their noggin. Its a two week wait. Do people really think that the mainstream have 500+ dollars to say screw it i cant wait two weeks to play? Nope. If they were buying it on 360 this isnt changing their minds. Had it been a month then yeah.

The mainstream will have Tax Return money, so YES!

not all of them

The mainstream/average Xbox gamer is in the US, and in his 30s. Why wouldnt he have a tax return?

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
My theory on the matter is as follows; They don't want the crap version ruining the release of the great version.

Really? Do you think the 360 version is going to harm the Xbox One version because its "Crap?" or maybe its just because the game isn't truly next gen (graphically speaking ) and the lower port isn't that far off from the 360 version for gamers to make the jump? They want you to believe the hype, so this is how they will accomplish it. Blind your eyes so you will not see the truth, even though the truth comes two weeks later. A two week fix could be handled with a patch. Everyone and their mother knows this. The game is 6x6 with bots. I'm sorry, but I think if 343 could make Halo 4 look the way it did, I believe 343's understudies will make the 360 version work.

Look at this double sided view of COD Ghosts on the 360 and Xbox One. Seriously...The Xbox version looks better, but is it really enough to make the jump? They want the game to be a console seller in march, plain and simple. This is the exact reason why the game should've been multiplat from the start. EA is going to want their money now. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3QB7Yy6EpI

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:

Really? Do you think the 360 version is going to harm the Xbox One version because its "Crap?" or maybe its just because the game isn't truly next gen and the lower port isn't that far off from the 360 version for gamers to make the jump? They want you to believe the hype, so this is how they will accomplish it. Blind your eyes so you will not see the truth, even though the truth comes two weeks later. A two week fix could be handled with a patch. Everyone and their mother knows this.

Yes

I think they think that.

I sincerely doubt that

Don't see how this hype's the game.

Not broken but inferior. 

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:

Really? Do you think the 360 version is going to harm the Xbox One version because its "Crap?" or maybe its just because the game isn't truly next gen and the lower port isn't that far off from the 360 version for gamers to make the jump? They want you to believe the hype, so this is how they will accomplish it. Blind your eyes so you will not see the truth, even though the truth comes two weeks later. A two week fix could be handled with a patch. Everyone and their mother knows this.

Yes

I think they think that.

I sincerely doubt that

Not broken but inferior. 

I showed a comparision video in my  same primary response to you (edited) showing 360 version of COD and the Xbox One COD. Sure the Xbox One version of COD looks better but when you look at the two in the end its no so far off that it demands dropping money for an Xbox One. Neither is ugly, its just a question of whether its worth the buy and thats what they don't want you to think about plain and aimple. If the guys who made COD are focused on one thing when they new IP, its not pretty graphics. Titanfall will not be the prettiest game, so that should be the least of your worries. Much like COD which they previously were working on its all about quick and snappy gameplay that everyone can enjoy.

Heres the link incase you missed it.

COD Ghosts 360 vs Xbox One.

A two week delay is nothing a patch cannot fix. Seriously....deception is a hell of a thing. If they didn't want people buying the 360 version they should never have paid for a secondary studio to downport it and rather ignored Microsofts moneyhatting and just made a PS4 version so it could be a true next gen game. At 6 vs 6 no one is really going to believe its truly next gen though. Love how the game looks though regardless.

this is probably to prevent any 360 vx xb1 comparisons at launch.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:

Yes

I think they think that.

I sincerely doubt that

Not broken but inferior. 

I showed a comparision video in my  same primary response to you (edited) showing 360 version of COD and the Xbox One COD. Sure the Xbox One version of COD looks better but when you look at the two in the end its no so far off that it demands dropping money for an Xbox One. Neither is ugly, its just a question of whether its worth the buy and thats what they don't want you to think about plain and aimple. If the guys who made COD are focused on one thing when they new IP, its not pretty graphics. Titanfall will not be the prettiest game, so that should be the least of your worries. Much like COD which they previously were working on its all about quick and snappy gameplay that everyone can enjoy.

Heres the link incase you missed it.

COD Ghosts 360 vs Xbox One.

A two week delay is nothing a patch cannot fix. Seriously....deception is a hell of a thing. If they didn't want people buying the 360 version they should never have paid for a secondary studio to downport it and rather ignored Microsofts moneyhatting and just made a PS4 version so it could be a true next gen game. At 6 vs 6 no one is really going to believe its truly next gen though. Love how the game looks though regardless.

I dont have an Xbox One

Where you either win

or you DIE