By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can we have animated avatars?

I would gladly trade being able to have animated sigs for animated avatars.

Around the Network

Yeah, great idea Soriku. That's why I lost $150VG$ on that crap ... cause it wouldn't move. Argghhhh ...

I don't see why this shouldn't be doable, just make sure to keep the image and file size down to reasonable levels, provided you can keep it in those restraints, you should still be allowed to put up a gif.
I know we can't now, but it would be nice. I'd kinda like to do a couple frames to mine to get his hair to blow.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I really hope animated avatars aren't allowed. I know it's just my opinion, but it makes things look really tacky to me.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I prefer an IGNORE USER option..

Around the Network

Ioi has already said no. Besides, there are more important things that ioi can improve.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

At the end of the day I do agree that animated Avatars make things look rough.

Why is it needed? Do you look at a Photo and say "I wish it were moving",
or do you look at a Painting and think "I wish it were animated".

25.05K:

I would be awfully tempted to use this if we got aminated avatars.  But I agree with above posters that it's unnecessary and might well get annoying. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

bouncing boobs here we come =P

I would LOVE that feature... my avatar is a gif, but it won't work here....