By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii U outsell Xbox One once Donkey Kong comes out?

Will DK boost the Wii U past Xbox One?

Yes 41 30.83%

No 28 21.05%

Yes but not for long. 53 39.85%

Your out of your mind Mr. OP. 11 8.27%

Total:133

Would be cool but I don't think so. I still can't imagine that anyone would buy a console(a doomed one no less) for Donkey Kong.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Yes. In fact, Wii U will outsell Xbox One on a weekly basis with very few exceptions for the next several years in Japan

No, many people will be getting their tax returns in February + March and I doubt Donkey Kong is on the average working adult's radar.

With Titanfall coming, as soon as those tax returns come, X1 sales will rise.

Christmas is the only time for Wii U to gain hype because that's mainly for the kids. No sensible adult would randomly buy a Wii U for their kid in February unless its for their birthday. They JUST got Xmas gifts.

It will outsell the One  for a couple weeks, maybe  even until Titanfall comes out, but that's it. The real question is if Mario Kart 8 will cause a long-term boost.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't think so... I think it will when mario kart comes out though.

Around the Network

I think so, but for 2/3 weeks max.

That said though, when Mario Kart hits I think we'll see the Wii U selling firmly for the rest of the year.... provided Nintendo have a release schedule that keeps up pressure ie. at least one game a month.

My brain tells me only for a few weeks (2-3 weeks), however my heart wants it to be a prolonged boast.

Well, considering the financial situation of MS and Nintendo, I don't know if this will help Nintendo to outsell Xbox One in some weeks...

Won't outsell it a single week this year without a price cut.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

It'll get a boost from software, for sure. So will the Xbox One. OP pretty much answered his own question.