By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First North American Smash Bros. Brawl Commercial!!!

I actually saw it on CNN this morning ...

It is somewhat odd that I see far more Wii and DS comercials at 6:00 am on news channels than I see at any other time; I wonder if this is an effort to target the non-gamers.

Around the Network

I haven't visited the brawl thread lately, so perhaps this revelation is old, but if not doesn't that advert confirm 2 vs 2 online. ie 2 people on 1 Wii versus 2 people on another (or other combinations of numbers)

This looks more like one of the trailers Nintendo would show off at their kiosks than an actual TV commercial. No 'Wii would like to play.' guys or tag line. And the lame 'titles' at the bottom of the screen...

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

sc94597 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlbA-zA3bGw

Ok, I'm getting just a little bit skeptic now.

Can anyone confirm having personally seen this exact commercial on TV? 

Commercial is pretty lame. The n64 one is way better.

Around the Network

@TWRoo: they were playing with friend codes, you can play2 vs 2 or 3 vs 1 that way, in random matches you cant.

I love the original Smash Bros commercial, they should have redone that.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
Calm down guys, maybe they'll have another commercial too. Highly unlikely but maybe. And what channel did you see it on.
I expect more commercial, In Japan are 3 commercial, Why in US not?

They should of have stated that you can use ANY of the 4 controllers. It would probably attract more people since alot of people that don't have the Wii thinks the Wii is just all about wiimote action. :/

MANUELF said:
supermario128 said:
Calm down guys, maybe they'll have another commercial too. Highly unlikely but maybe. And what channel did you see it on.
I expect more commercial, In Japan are 3 commercial, Why in US not?

Because this is the FIRST?  There might be more.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )