By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hindsight: Which Console was REALLY more powerful? Super Nes or Genesis

WagnerPaiva said:

You are so right! Which is why I stay away from any media from the games I really want to play, like Last of Us, Beyond and now South Park and Evil Whiting, I want to be surprised and see stuff for the first time when I am playing!

I stopped paying attention on video gaming media after GTA IV 97 Metacritic. It's not a bad game, it's pretty good, but not even close to 97 good. Recently, I have to see Spec Ops: The Line, that's is completely brilliant and have one of the best and most depressing views about war, get 76 while a game with a complete garbage history like Spliter Cell: Blacklist gets 86. 

Now, I just look at reviews to see if the game isn't broken or has serious issues. The rest, I ignore completely.

Around the Network
torok said:
WagnerPaiva said:

You are so right! Which is why I stay away from any media from the games I really want to play, like Last of Us, Beyond and now South Park and Evil Whiting, I want to be surprised and see stuff for the first time when I am playing!

I stopped paying attention on video gaming media after GTA IV 97 Metacritic. It's not a bad game, it's pretty good, but not even close to 97 good. Recently, I have to see Spec Ops: The Line, that's is completely brilliant and have one of the best and most depressing views about war, get 76 while a game with a complete garbage history like Spliter Cell: Blacklist gets 86. 

Now, I just look at reviews to see if the game isn't broken or has serious issues. The rest, I ignore completely.

Couldn't agree more about gta IV, I fell for the hype at the time, and boy was I disappointed. Sure the game has some fun parts, but I remember one review specifically raving, saying "this is how you wish every game made played, it's that good"...... No. If every game played like it, I couldn't be a gamer anymore. As far as blacklist goes, I really enjoyed that game, and personally think an 86 is about right. I've not played spec ops, I know a couple of people that did tho, and they seem to love it as well, said similar things that you said.

Justagamer said:

Couldn't agree more about gta IV, I fell for the hype at the time, and boy was I disappointed. Sure the game has some fun parts, but I remember one review specifically raving, saying "this is how you wish every game made played, it's that good"...... No. If every game played like it, I couldn't be a gamer anymore. As far as blacklist goes, I really enjoyed that game, and personally think an 86 is about right. I've not played spec ops, I know a couple of people that did tho, and they seem to love it as well, said similar things that you said.

Absolutely. It is a good game, but not a 97 one. That was crazy. Even GTA V isn't a 96, but at least it is closer to that. 

The genesis has the ports that mattered. Mortal Kombat and Aladdin.

The SNES. The standard back then was to look at arcade ports and the SNES versions almost always looked better.

The CPU was slower but that was largely rendered irrelevant because cartridges were able to have accelerator chips in them.

Around the Network
torok said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Blacklist was a fantastic game and deserved everybit of that 86. I'm not sure what you mean by complete garbage history either as the original Splinter Cell was revolutionary for it's time and both Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory are some of the best games ever made in any genre for any console.

Easy win for SNES but I also had a Megadrive and many multiformat titles played better on Megadrive. Higher res, more responsive, faster scrolling. What I hated about the Megadrive was raspy sound. Also Sonic was dire compared to Mario. Mario was magical and Sonic was headache inducing especially the naff music.