By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo makes better video games than everyone else

pokoko said:

Basically, Nintendo software is Glee facing off against The Mindy Project and America's Next Top Model. Goodness, Nintendo wins against competition like that? Who knew.

None of those things are good, though.

Unless that's the point.

Around the Network

You people are hopeless

RolStoppable said:

I know that I am stating the obvious when I say that Nintendo makes better video games than everyone else, but sometimes it's necessary to remind us of the most basic things. It's also easy to explain why Nintendo is better than the rest.

People put their money towards the best games.

Nintendo software > Microsoft software

The only thing left to do is to determine third place between Sony software and Microsoft software, but that doesn't seem important, so I'll save myself the time. Besides, going beyond five paragraphs exceeds the attention span of most readers.

They sure do:

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

pokoko said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

100% agreed

Also, I read somewhere (google it) that Nintendo has the least amount of used games compared to Sony and MS first party games

That's understandable.  Playstation and Xbox gamers have so many new games to play that they have to sell games they beat in order to buy new ones.  Nintendo owners have like a really long time to save up between purchases.

According to my calculations, the average Wii U owner should have saved up $231 dollars to put toward games by the time DKC releases.  It must be nice ...

Nahh, all our savings are going towards all the 3ds games that are coming out, its kind of like how the savings of Vita owners are going towards everything else but the handheld

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So sales means quality now........ Riight

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

And the purpose of this thread is... ?

Besides; on the whole, there are probably quite a few people who disagree with you at any rate. For two reasons; one is that not everyone thinks that Nintendo makes the best games in the world, and the second being the fact that a lot of good games get nearly no money from the public, sales do not equal quality, even though I know that this is the favorite argument of most Nintendo fans.

Edit; You never know with Rol threads, could be just to get a rise out of people. I never understood the meaning of that though. Same old same old.

It does not matter if people think Nintendo games are worse than other games because its just what those people think.

I mean it also does not matter that people think gold is just some stupid kind of metal and that crystal is just stupid glas  but fact is both is worth alot.

So opinions dont change facts :) Up until a short time ago Nintendo games were polished compared to other games. They feel complete and are professionally manufactured compared to other games. (This is changing tho because Nintendo mimics other companies that have quite good sales while at the same time have lousy quality standards.)

The NSMB series shows signs of lazyness (because its made as an easy money generator like Fifa etc) and games like Luigis Mansion 2 that are developed outside of Nintendo show lack of polish. But even those "unpolished" Nintendo games are on par with most other games  but certainly a downgrade compared to the "normal" Nintendo standard of quality.

You just made up BOLD  I have never heard something like that before. I mean PS1 is better quality than N64? Rofl. Wii Sports/ Kinect Adventures is more of a quality game than The Last of Us? rofl  noone would say that

xD

Nah, not a fan of a single Nintendo IP.

I would just say Nintendo makes more great games than anyone else.

MegaManX said:
Do they make the best platformer and kart racing, definately the latter mostly the former, there are many great platform games made by others.

Do they make the best FPS? No
Third Person Shooter? No
Racing Game? No
Puzzle Game? No
RPG? No
Light Gun/Rail Shooter? No
RTS? No
MMORPG? No
Fighting Game? No
Sandbox Game? No
Beat Em Up? No
Run and Gun? No
Vertical/Horizontal Shooter? No
Arcade Games/Arcade Style? No
Party Games? Sure
Text/Point and Click Adventures? No
Survival Horror? No
Stealth Game? No
City Building/Management Sims-ish? No
Strategy? No
Sports? No
Hack and Slash? No
Tower Defense? No

Can't think of any other genres but Nintendo has great Party games (if you don't consider playing online party games), best Kart racers and great platform games but there are plenty of great platformers over the years.

well sony and m$ are the best in what genre? cashburning an spying?

and i would says nintendo had the best jrpg last gen. Xenoblade chronicles was realy realy good. atlus is doing fine too, close call.

when I started reading this read I didn't think Rol was fishing in a fish farm pond lol. So many catches.