By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One has won the launch at my dormatory

blessedswine said:

first off one has to be a fan of fighting games For KI, DR3 is not a good game, and ok you got me with Forza thats a fun game to play.  Back to Killer Instinct, its not a f2p game its more like a freaking Trial or Shareware with a Microtransaction hell tapped on,  and for me i think it sets a really bad precident.   40$ buys you everything from season 1 i bet you if you want everything from season 2 it will be another 40$  now your up to 80$ for what many would consider just a average fighter thats super pretty.  MS has only one exclusive launch title worth anything and thats Forza.  oh and again Forza has Microtransactions, im starting to see a trend in the MS camp, lets squeeze every penny out of them.  they are sheeple they wont realize it.   sony has imo only 2 games worth thier weight as well Killzone and resogun,  neither of which have microtransactions to unlock real content and hell Killzone is giving you thier map packs for free, the opposite of nickel and diming.  i have both systems right now, the xbox is currently unplugged as i dont need it for anythign atm, and its one of those things i wish i didnt buy yet but will use at a future date so ill hold onto it.  and ill add one more thing Kinect is a dumb reason to like a console, same goes for hte sony camera, my experience with the kinect 2.0 was similar to mine with the original it worked when it wants to.

It's $20 for KI not $40. It's only $40 if you want the special version with the original game and extra stuff. 

Around the Network
blessedswine said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
rolltide101x said:

This thread is hilarious, the OS for the Xbox One is atrocious. Games for is close, personally I look at it as Killzone>Dead Rising
Ryse>Knack.
Resogun>Any other game on Xbox One
Dont Starve>Any other game on Xbox One

We could not get Kinect to work (It is my GF's brother's Xbox One) so he unplugged it. Good use of the extra 100$ for him....

I have not talked to him in a couple of weeks so I need to ask him if he has had any luck getting Kinect going properly.

Edit: The OS is not atrocious, the Friends system is atrocious.

What answer in genre does Sony have for Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 thats out right now? Just asking. The bias on both sides of the fense is annoying. When games exist acknowledge them. There wouldn't be any need for an argument if gamers acted like gamers.

first off one has to be a fan of fighting games For KI, DR3 is not a good game, and ok you got me with Forza thats a fun game to play.  Back to Killer Instinct, its not a f2p game its more like a freaking Trial or Shareware with a Microtransaction hell tapped on,  and for me i think it sets a really bad precident.   40$ buys you everything from season 1 i bet you if you want everything from season 2 it will be another 40$  now your up to 80$ for what many would consider just a average fighter thats super pretty.  MS has only one exclusive launch title worth anything and thats Forza.  oh and again Forza has Microtransactions, im starting to see a trend in the MS camp, lets squeeze every penny out of them.  they are sheeple they wont realize it.   sony has imo only 2 games worth thier weight as well Killzone and resogun,  neither of which have microtransactions to unlock real content and hell Killzone is giving you thier map packs for free, the opposite of nickel and diming.  i have both systems right now, the xbox is currently unplugged as i dont need it for anythign atm, and its one of those things i wish i didnt buy yet but will use at a future date so ill hold onto it.  and ill add one more thing Kinect is a dumb reason to like a console, same goes for hte sony camera, my experience with the kinect 2.0 was similar to mine with the original it worked when it wants to.

Stopped at "DR3 is a not a good game"... Based on the majority of people who actually played it, It is an excelent game.

My guess is that the rest of your wall of text is composed of other random statements like that so I will not waste my time reading it.

OP: By the way, my whole team (at work) bought an Xbox One but one guy (he was always a Sony fan and went for the PS4 for that reason). So far they are all very happy about it and love the different games. To be honest; we are all mainly playing Ghosts and we are also waiting for Titanfall.

Titanfall is going to move some consoles around imo.

Imaginedvl said:

Stopped at "DR3 is a not a good game"... Based on the majority of people who actually played it, It is an excelent game.

Oh I should (I wouldn't) save this post just in case you ever say Knack is not a good game. The majority of people who played knack actually loved it. Same applies for Ryse and a lot of other poorly reviewed games too.

JoeTheBro said:
Imaginedvl said:

Oh I should (I wouldn't) save this post just in case you ever say Knack is not a good game. The majority of people who played knack actually loved it. Same applies for Ryse and a lot of other poorly reviewed games too.

Well, there is a difference between "disliking a game" and stating that it is not a good game as it was a general conscencius :) I definitely bored myself/disliked with Knack but I cannot really say that it is a "bad" game by any means...

Loved Ryse by the way...

Around the Network

@blessedwine--- Its 20 bucks if you want just teh characters for the game. The $40 includes all teh characters ,, the original classic game both the updated adn non upadaed classic,, all costumes for each character and teh accessories for all teh characters. Season 2 is part of teh package whether you pay 20 bucks or 40 .. To be honest its pretty cheap deal considering what you are paying

@imagine same here. loved Ryse. played it on hard and goign through again on the hardest diffculuty. MP is okay but entertaining. Playing on the hardest diffciulty is really chlalenging as you can't button mash.. have to get perfect timing just to get health or even focus as the ame won't give it to you . Did you play it on teh hardest difficulty?

method114 said:
blessedswine said:
Darth Tigris said:
Wait, why do people keep saying that the PS4 has a better games outlook??? Based on what's been solidly announced, I just don't see it.

S.T.A.G.E.'s post makes sense to me. Anecdotal, yes, but interesting. It may not be the popular thing among fanatical gaming geekdom, but it makes all the sense in the world. And Titanfall being a system selling hit may be an nightmare for that same subset of gaming, but all signs point to that not being so far fetched.

BUT the Sony fanbase is loyal, loud and arrogant and the PS4 seems to be a great piece of tech, so this gen will be quite a battle for the distance methinks. I just hope it's enough outside of the core ...

i just dont see Titanfall being a X1 system seller, first off its not a exclusive to the X1 its on 360 and pc as well,  i dont see someone upgrading to a x1 from a 360 for titanfall, and those that only have a ps4 they can buy it for the pc.  on top of that the PS4 does have a better games outlook.  They have a much wider variety of exclusives, they arent all shooters of some sort like MS seems to have, on top of that you can expect Sony to have at least 1 new IP this gen, they have had at least 2 new IP's each Gen so far.  The MS fanbase is just as loyal, loud and Arrogant.  

Yea I went to the 360 because of Gears of War and Mass effect not a big mistake because the PS3 sucked so bad in other ways but man I was jealous of all the new IP's/exclusives Sony was releasing. MS was just giving us sequels and alan wake, like seriously they abandoned the 360 way to soon while Sony release a brand new IP right before the PS4 was coming out talk about taking care of your fan base.

Truth. The 360 was so appealing to me because of Gears and Mass Effect. Its the games MS secures rather than the games they make, but nevertheless they had it exclusive.

J_Allard said:
Max King of the Wild said:

First of all, I would like to thank you for proving me right that these people arent really aware of future titles, I expect a few apologies (wont get them).

Turns out they know about those titles and some of them supposedly even work at Gamestop or make supposed games themselves. I expect you to give a few apologies (won't get them).

But... but.... but... He thought he was more informed because he was a "forum dweller"

dane007 said:
@imagine same here. loved Ryse. played it on hard and goign through again on the hardest diffculuty. MP is okay but entertaining. Playing on the hardest diffciulty is really chlalenging as you can't button mash.. have to get perfect timing just to get health or even focus as the ame won't give it to you . Did you play it on teh hardest difficulty?

Not sure if I completed it at the hardest one, I will have to look at my achievements. But I enjoyed the game play a lot :) 
I will replay it anyway and go with the hardest one if I did not last time. I believe a lot of people are missing an excelent game just because of the reviews.