By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Made The Biggest Leap of The Big Three With Wii U

What are the current 360, PS4 and Wii sales? 7th generation sales or 8th generation sales or something else?

If they are 7th generation sales, then the 7th generation is not over yet.
If they are 8th generation sales, then explain it.
If they are something else, then explain it.

Around the Network
Conina said:
What are the current 360, PS4 and Wii sales? 7th generation sales or 8th generation sales or something else?

If they are 7th generation sales, then the 7th generation is not over yet.
If they are 8th generation sales, then explain it.
If they are something else, then explain it.

Current PS3/360/Wii sales don't belong to any generation. They are the few extra meters a runner covers after the finish line of a race because he can't just stop instantly.

curl-6 said:
Conina said:
curl-6 said:

But you are still the only one claiming that it has ended automatically with the start of another generation.

Last week is over.

Last month is over.

Last year is over.

Last gen is over.

In this case I will agree with fps_dominator and Conina. Yes, there is a new generation in town but that doesn't mean that the old generation is over. If last gen was over, then why is the PS3 still selling more than the Wii U?  and why are the PS360 getting more multiplats games this year than the Wii U? (I'm not attacking the Wii U here, I'm just pointing out that just because there is a new gen in town, that doesn't mean that last gen is over).

chakkra said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:
curl-6 said:

But you are still the only one claiming that it has ended automatically with the start of another generation.

Last week is over.

Last month is over.

Last year is over.

Last gen is over.

In this case I will agree with fps_dominator and Conina. Yes, there is a new generation in town but that doesn't mean that the old generation is over. If last gen was over, then why is the PS3 still selling more than the Wii U?  and why are the PS360 getting more multiplats games this year than the Wii U? (I'm not attacking the Wii U here, I'm just pointing out that just because there is a new gen in town, that doesn't mean that last gen is over).

The systems are still selling, yes, but their generation is over because they've all been replaced.