By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS and Sony Fans! What would it take for you to buy a WiiU?

X, Metroid, $200.

Around the Network

F-Zero and Star fox.

Smash, Bayonetta 2 and X on shelves, and a $200-or-less price point.

Given the system's long term prospects, and how third parties have abandoned it in droves, it's pretty much a 1st/2nd party-only secondary device. I can't justify spending anywhere near PS4 or Xone prices on that.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

monolithsoft making a complex x(eno) game like they were during ps2 era. so far i haven't seen that in the trailer. storyheavy games are presented differently than the x trailer was.

They aren't cutting the price again, people. They're trying to make money, not lose it.

Around the Network

I would need a real 3D mario with exploration brought back in the Mario 64/Sunshine style. A new Smash Brothers game with wave dashing and l - can cling brought back would also do it. Cutting the price to 250$ would also do it

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Well, as others have said, money. Without third-party support and very little diversity with first-party titles, Nintendo home consoles will always be "second consoles" for me. That means a sub-$200 price before I would even think about it.

Second, proper Zelda and Metroid titles. I don't care much for platformers, which leaves out a lot of Nintendo IP, but an old-school, gamepad controlled Zelda would work wonders.

Third, more new IP aimed at an older demographic. I grew up with reading books as my primary hobby, so I love complex plots and interesting characters. Throw away storylines and flat characters do nothing for me. They can develop Metroid and Zelda, why not other games in the same mold?

Fourth, more RPGs and SRPGs. Fire Emblem is why I want a 3DS. The Project Rainfall games were the only reasons I wanted a Wii. Turn the Wii U into the definitive RPG box and I'll buy one eventually. X kind of helps but I don't really like mecha very much and I thought Xenogears was overrated.

Fifth, seriously, Nintendo needs to get up-to-date with their online infrastructure and account system. It's beyond lame that they're years behind on those fronts.

$150 price tag, plus a new Zelda and possibly an Earthbound remake

like I said many time before; I will get my Wii U once X drops

though doing some math I will have enough money do get a Wii U with money leftover from school..so late may :)

New exclusive western developed games and IPs. There would have to be more than just a couple as I wouldn't buy a console for just 2 or 3 games.

Like others have said, price cut, larger hard drive, better battery life for game pad or none at all.