By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon changes Uncharted 4 PS4 release date from 2014 to 2015

cura said:

I think ND stated that they will be using the same engine they used for the last of us for future games. From memory  I saw it in an interview with one of the ND developers talking about the last of us.

I still think there is a reasonable chance that it will release in 2014:
- Uncharted 1, 2, 3 all released in the fourth quarter of their respective years
- Uncharted is a big franchise for Sony and I believe Sony will be pushing for a Nov 2014 to push console sales
- Both uncharted 2 and 3 were announced with a teaser trailer one year prior to their release.
- From my understanding, ND broke off into two teams after Uncharted 2: one team focusing on Uncharted 3 and the other focusing on the last of us.
- Delaying the game into Q1/Q2 2015 would be a bad decision IMO, and releasing it in Q4 2015 would seem excessive to me (that  would mean there has been a 2 year gap since annoucing the game and then releasing it...highly unlikely)
- I assume ND can bring members from one team to join the other team to help with development, thereby speeding up production.

The only thing I can see which would potentially delay the game into the next year would be the unfamiliarity with developing for the PS4. Given ND's past technical wizardry, I doubt that this would be the case.

One last thing, this is the fourth game in the series (by ND) and so they already have things set in stone, whereas if they werebe making a new ip, they would have to start with nothing but an idea. 

Agree with this. All the evidence suggests a 2014 release.

If they dont release in 2014 will they really delay to end of 2015? That would be a bit suicidal on Sony's part. They need their big exclusive game out sooner rather than later.

Also i too remember distinctly that Naughty Dog said they wont be redoing everything from the ground up for PS4 so that they can focus on the creative aspects of the game and release quicker.

The only thing that might suggest a delay is the fact that Naughty Dog stated after U3 that they will never release another game before it was 100% complete. Which kinda suggested that U3 was a bit rushed.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Misleading title + http://www.playstation4.co.uk/uncharted-4-release-date-in-2014-still-possible

Why would he clarify this if they dont want release the game in 2014?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Changed the thread title so it's not as misleading.

I still think  that it's getting released in 2014.. The One is going to have Halo and the Wii U is going to have Smash Bros.. The PS4 needs  a big game, too.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---