By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 back in stock on Amazon

When we will see the WW HW january 25? The difference between PS4/XBO should be something like 2 : 1 or even more.

Around the Network

[Amazon US PS4/XB1 games in top 100]

#22 PS4 FIFA14
#32 PS4 Killzone SF
#34 PS4 Assassins Creed IV
#40 PS4 Battlefield
#42 PS4 COD Ghosts
#43 XB1 Titanfall
#46 PS4 Need for Speed Rivals
#58 PS4 NBA2K14
#65 PS4 MGSV Ground Zeroes
#67 PS4 Madden25
#76 PS4 Infamous
#78 PS4 Tomb Raider
#83 PS4 Thief
#95 XB1 COD Ghosts
#112 XB1 Madden25
#188 XB1 Forza
#197 XB1 Thief
#209 XB1 NBA2K14
#216 XB1 FIFA14
#310 XB1 Just Dance
#322 XB1 Need for Speed Rivals
#347 XB1 MGSV Ground Zeroes
#637 XB1 Tomb Raider (lol)

In Jan 18th week VGC has just a tiny 3% difference in software sales between PS4 & XB1. Based on Amazon PS4 software sales should be much higher than XB1, unless there's reason to believe Amazon is biased in favor of PS4.  The only XB1 game close to the top is TItanfall, and that's preorders so doesn't count yet.

My 8th gen collection

That's what you call emphatic

#22 PS4 FIFA14
#32 PS4 Killzone SF
#34 PS4 Assassins Creed IV
#40 PS4 Battlefield
#42 PS4 COD Ghosts

#43 XB1 Titanfall
#46 PS4 Need for Speed Rivals
#58 PS4 NBA2K14
#65 PS4 MGSV Ground Zeroes
#67 PS4 Madden25
#76 PS4 Infamous
#78 PS4 Tomb Raider
#83 PS4 Thief

#95 XB1 COD Ghosts

The PS5 Exists. 

ICStats said:

In Jan 18th week VGC has just a tiny 3% difference in software sales between PS4 & XB1. Based on Amazon PS4 software sales should be much higher than XB1, unless there's reason to believe Amazon is biased in favor of PS4.  The only XB1 game close to the top is TItanfall, and that's preorders so doesn't count yet.

Hm.. it looks like Amazon might be very high on the priority list of retailers to receive PS4 shipments, so PS4 software sales on Amazon might be biased towards the PS4, as people ofcourse are very likely to pick up games (from the same retailer)when they buy the console.

Lafiel said:
ICStats said:

Hm.. it looks like Amazon might be very high on the priority list of retailers to receive PS4 shipments, so PS4 software sales on Amazon might be biased towards the PS4, as people ofcourse are very likely to pick up games (from the same retailer)when they buy the console.

You are probably right. Latest numbers show a more balanced 1:1 hardware sales in US even if XB1 aren't selling on Amazon is just anecdotal evidence.

Personaly I think people underestimate Microsoft in the US soil for 2014 year at least. They have big specific US franchises like Titanfall (and the promise of HALO) combined with aggressive marketing and the fact that XB360 is king here, a lot of people, because of friends list or inertia will buy XB1.

But things could become complicated for 2015: if XB1 keeps having inferior multiplats on XB1: Destiny, Watchdogs, Division and the promising rest.

Just imagine Titanfall 2 at 1080p (even 900p) next year on PS4 and what impact it could have on owners of XB1 720p version of Titanfall.

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
Lafiel said:
ICStats said:

You are probably right. Latest numbers show a more balanced 1:1 hardware sales in US even if XB1 aren't selling on Amazon is just anecdotal evidence.

Personaly I think people underestimate Microsoft in the US soil for 2014 year at least. They have big specific US franchises like Titanfall (and the promise of HALO) combined with aggressive marketing and the fact that XB360 is king here, a lot of people, because of friends list or inertia will buy XB1.

But things could become complicated for 2015: if XB1 keeps having inferior multiplats on XB1: Destiny, Watchdogs, Division and the promising rest.

Just imagine Titanfall 2 at 1080p (even 900p) next year on PS4 and what impact it could have on owners of XB1 720p version of Titanfall.

lol-"big specific franchise like titanfall!"

I don't know what's so specific about titanfall but it is not big right now.Just a game almost on par with infamous preorders(which is not big)

Titanfall is trying to create a hype and to become big but it isn't right now and has to prove it(+ very meh preorder numbers for 360/ps don't make ot look big at all)

but the rest of your post seems to be spot on.

OttoniBastos said:
When we will see the WW HW january 25? The difference between PS4/XBO should be something like 2 : 1 or even more.

I expect the ps4 sales to improve over last week,since there getting more supply out there.

Yeah maybe 180k

GribbleGrunger said:
g911turbo said:
GribbleGrunger said:
impertinence said:
betacon said:
impertinence said:
betacon said:

If you want a console badly enough you will wait, if you don;t you never wanted it badly.

A great mindset for any company that wants to drive away consumers.

Where does that imply that's their mind set, you can't honestly think is a bad situation for Sony?

Selling a lot of consoles is obviously a good thing, just like being out of stock is obviously a bad thing.

I can't agree. Being out of stock can only be for one of two reasons: It's selling extraordinarily well or they have trouble with manufacturing. We know it's not the latter so it's a good thing.  Being constantly in stock would be a bad thing because it means demand is lower than production.

One thing I've not seen discussed is AMDs part in this. Surely if one console starts selling much better than the other -- assuming AMD also have a limit on how many they can produce -- wouldn't that effect the console that was selling less? More chipsets to Sony means less chipsets available for MS and so it becomes a viscious circle.

Dude.  How can you possibly disagree with his statement.  It's like economics 101.

The best scenario is where supply meets demand. 

Sony is selling extremely well, but the bottom line is, if they could make more systems faster it would be BETTER.  That's not really a knock against Sony.  It being out of stock is a testament to how strong demand is - but it would be BETTER if there were more systems still.  The in and out of stock thing is NOT an ideal situation (although it is better than the alternative, which is sitting on gobs of inventory).

No, the best scenario is when demand is so high you can't keep up and have to increase productivity, which is what Sony are trying to do. But no doubt when Sony CAN keep up with preorders it will be a sign that the sales are slowing down, not that productivity is going up ... Am I right?

I see, we are relating to your personal dream version of the truth, and not the established conventions in economics. Well that explains everything. In that case, let me throw out some 'facts' pulled out of my ass as well: The best scenario is when demand is so high that your customers pay 10 times the asking price despite your product being fully in stock. Then they proceede to make you King and all the good looking women wants to give you oral sex, but all the men and ugly women don't. Instead they just make you awesome gifts and cook you great meals. Am I right?

In real economics however, the ideal situation is that stock meets the demand at any point in time.

impertinence said:

I see, we are relating to your personal dream version of the truth, and not the established conventions in economics. Well that explains everything. In that case, let me throw out some 'facts' pulled out of my ass as well: The best scenario is when demand is so high that your customers pay 10 times the asking price despite your product being fully in stock. Then they proceede to make you King and all the good looking women wants to give you oral sex, but all the men and ugly women don't. Instead they just make you awesome gifts and cook you great meals. Am I right?

In real economics however, the ideal situation is that stock meets the demand at any point in time.

The PS4 is selling so well that Sony can't keep up with demand. Let that sink in and stop talking about economics.

The PS5 Exists.