By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should/will Sony acquire Ready at Dawn?

The whole last two gens sony bought every studio making at least a decent game thats their thing (they needed to do that because Sony itself does not have alot of good "own" ip) So my answer is they probably will.

With buying all those devs sony made itself an important player in the console business before that it was just a platform with people buying third party games.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
vivster said:
They will acquire them as soon as they try to do something non playstation.

"Yeah, I'm really excited to see what you guys are working on right now."

"It's great stuff."

"Uhh, is that an Xbox over there?"

"Well, uhhh..."

"$45 million."

"For the Xbox?"

"NO.  For the studio, we'll take it."

"60."

"Deal, we'll take it.  Get rid of that Xbox."

*The end*  

Pretty much exactly like that^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

When was the last time Sony bought a dev company?

Should have grabbed them earlier, they had talent and not so much reputation.

artur-fernand said:
If The Order is successful, I'm fairly sure they will buy Ready at Dawn, yes.

But then again, they never bought Insomniac, so who knows.

I could be wrong here, but I believe Sony did try to purchase Insomniac but they wanted to remain independent.

I'd say wait on The Order. If it turns out great, then sure. Similar to Sucker Punch.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

I'm not sure if it's their most recent purchase, but Sony bought Sucker Punch (infamous series) in August 2011 and they bough Media Molecule in March 2010 I think. 

ironmanDX said:

If I'm correct, Sucker Punch in 2011.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Going by those last 2 posts, they're probably about due to buy one. Overdue even!

JazzB1987 said:
The whole last two gens sony bought every studio making at least a decent game thats their thing (they needed to do that because Sony itself does not have alot of good "own" ip) So my answer is they probably will.

With buying all those devs sony made itself an important player in the console business before that it was just a platform with people buying third party games.

Sure, and now Sony still owns all those devs and IP, so they have much less need to continue doing so compulsively.

They are in a fine position for organic profit growth in games for this generation, without dev acquisitions.

When The order releases and it is received well comercially and critically that is when sony will buy them. Like they did with sucker punch.