By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can anyone defend Nintendo now?

LiquorandGunFun said:
There is no logic in fanboyism. Dont try to make sense of it or try to get them to open their eyes, just shake your head and move on.

bubblegamer said:
Their fanboys will defend them regardless, unless they have all died all of a sudden

Look at these two hypocrites.

Around the Network

I disagree. I like the gamepad. There are plenty of games coming to the eshop. I think your summary of the meeting is a bit short sighted.

And yes, I am happy with my purchase!

sundin13 said:
Haha, wow...sounds like you are just mad you can't play nintendo games on your PS4/XBO *rolls eyes*

lol I don't think any PS4/XBO owner gets upset over not playing nintendo games.

Let Nintendo and its fans be. They "clearly" know what they are doing, this gen and beyond.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

You noticed they posted a profit, yes?

They arent gonna go away or go 3rd party. Deal with it.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
If you want the software that badly, get a Nintendo console. I don't know what's so hard to understand about it. Don't have the money now? Wait. The console gets cheaper, and some of the games do as well.

The only thing about this list I can agree with is 4. Iwata did not admit fault when it came to 3rd party relations, and did not discuss any plans to get them on board.

No, it's just I'm in the mood to try Super Metroid and other NES/SNES classics. 

Would be nice to try the newer marios but it's not a big deal. I'm content waiting out Nintendo. Worst comes to worst, I'll just wait until the Wii U is discountinued and sold for cheap like the Wii. 

1. Investors want a lot of things, and just because they want it doesn't mean it's a good for Nintendo, Nintendo's customers, or even investors themselves. Some investors simply want to ransack a company for as much as they can, then get out.

2. Fair enough point. But if gamers aren't giving Nintendo enough returns on their investment in games, seeking customers elsewhere makes sense, no? You seem to think Nintendo should seek out the extremely well-served customers on other gaming platforms, but why should health & fitness customers be off the table? They've made Nintendo a lot of money in the past while gamers on HD consoles were busy deriding Nintendo games as old and childish.

3. Giving away free things is a great way to attract people, but it doesn't pay the bills. How on earth is losing more money a solution to Nintendo's problems?

4. Nintendo's gone as far as they can to attract third parties without:

A) Sacrificing the customer relationship (EA's Origin fiasco).

B) Building the same console as everybody else, and thereby foregoing any value-adding differentiation.

C) Simply throwing money at third parties, which is not the way to add value or make money.

All of these options will accelerate Nintendo's irrelevance, not turn things around. All courting third parties has ever gotten Nintendo is compromised values and empty promises. There's not much point in asking a girl out if she already has a ring on.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

reggin_bolas said:
RavenXtra said:
If you want the software that badly, get a Nintendo console. I don't know what's so hard to understand about it. Don't have the money now? Wait. The console gets cheaper, and some of the games do as well.

The only thing about this list I can agree with is 4. Iwata did not admit fault when it came to 3rd party relations, and did not discuss any plans to get them on board.

No, it's just I'm in the mood to try Super Metroid and other NES/SNES classics. 

Would be nice to try the newer marios but it's not a big deal. I'm content waiting out Nintendo. Worst comes to worst, I'll just wait until the Wii U is discountinued and sold for cheap like the Wii. 

Emulators, roms, and there you go. They'll look better than on VC, too.

I would only defend them in certain areas, such as making great games. Also, I love my Wii U, but I admit it's not desirable to the mass market and they have done a poor job in getting AAA titles out. Still, no gaming company is perfect. Sony made a lot of similar mistakes with the Vita that Nintendo did with the Wii U. All you can do is hope they get better, and don't support things they are doing wrong. That's the reason I won't buy Virtual Console games. I don't want to encourage them to keep doing what they are doing, when they are doing poorly in this regard.

reggin_bolas said:
sundin13 said:
Haha, wow...sounds like you are just mad you can't play nintendo games on your PS4/XBO *rolls eyes*

I'm just echoing the sentiments of virtually every non-Nintendo gamer out there. We want Nintendo games, not Nintendo consoles. But that's not even the point. The point is that Nintendo's new stategy makes no sense and alientes every interested party out there including its own fans and investors.

Again, I have to point out that the point of console exclusives are to make that console appealing. The Wii U hasn't been handled well and should have been doing much better. But 'We want Nintendo games on non-Nintendo consoles?'

Fuggin' tough, buddy.