By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: No More Separate Gaming Platforms From Nintendo

Iwata=cannot have 2 to 3 different architectures, Apple has one iOS platform as does android, Nintendo has to do the same

Iwata= next time propose hardware will utilise what done on WiiU, cannot have console and portable separate systems,they are brother/sister

Yup. I think hybrid platform is pretty much inevitable from Nintendo as this point.

The fitness/quality of life stuff will effectively become their "second pillar"/new business division.

Around the Network

I don´t get it, what does this mean? One shop for both?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Think iPhone -- iPad ... run the same games, just a few differences perhaps here and there.

So y'know perhaps a future Nintendo handheld that can run console quality graphics (well Wii U quality anyway or close to) at say 540p, then if you have the "Home Dock" you can play the same game on your TV while at home in say 1080P. 

That's basically what I think is going to happen. 

It just means that the Wii shop and 3DS shop is combined. Maybe they will combine the wii one as well. Which is long overdue

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I don't think they mean the next systems will run the same software. I think this just means more interaction between DS line and Wii line, unified accounts, and so o.

Around the Network

I don't think there is any market left for a discreet Nintendo home console anyway, especially if they're basically building a new platform for all the non-gamer/fitness stuff (meaning you won't need a Wii/Wii U for that stuff). 

The only market left for Nintendo consoles in that case is the same group of shrinking Nintendo fans.

So a iPad-iPhone type model for Nintendo just makes sense.

The idea of selling a Nintendo console basically on the back of 5-6 Nintendo franchises and not much else from anyone else is simply a dead end for Nintendo and I think they know it now. 

They're not going to compete with Sony/MS for third parties either so that's out. Making an ARM based + mobile GPU console that has games that can be shared on a portable to maximize sales just makes way too much sense. 

The fitness division will be their second pillar. 

There is NO new hardware other then an accessory for the Wii U/ Wii U next. They never said new console. Why would they release a new console when the Wii U can easily handle the computing for this device? It has the built in ability to run in the background so monitoring a kinnect like device while the console is off should be no big deal for it.

As for the software, I'm hoping this means that a 3DS game is also a Wii U game and vice versa by simply selecting the output device for developers. Buy it on the Wii U, use it on the 3DS as well.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Apple has ios and osx. Two different architectures/platforms. But I can see where the gamepad 3ds compare to the ipad/ipod platform. They're touch based unlike the mac.

Basiclly their following what Sony is doing with the Vita + PS4.
All PS4 games can run on Vita. So going forward, their Next home console games will be unified with their handheld games. 1 version of mario kart can now be played on both consoles, with minimal differences.

There is another thread on this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177259

"Nomura analyst now asking why Nintendo revamped its organizational structure to merge consoles and portable devices."

Despite what others in the thread have said, sounds to me like more than just OS or shop unification.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)