By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS support confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console

DS support on WiiU

YEEEEEAHH !!! 144 76.19%

... and ? 33 17.46%

BUHHHHH!!! 12 6.35%

Total:189
Red4ADevil said:
Holy hell that's great. Although we all know the U is in bad shape, even a small (i meal small) but positive bump like this should/could/would really help the Wii U.

Small meals often is best, keep it up.

(Lol)

Around the Network

How the hell was this done before the N64 and GC games? 0.o

In any case, FUCK YEAH, there are a lot of DS games I missed, so I hope they bring a lot of support to the VC

Nintendo and PC gamer

Honestly? Meh. Most of the DS games I want or would have wanted, I have (probably more than that. There are a few DS games i sorta regret buying), and i could probably get the physical copy used turbo-cheap if i wanted to rummage through any given Gamestop, and play it in my 3DS.

As others said, SNES, N64 would have been better choices.

Saturn, now, that would be a coup, as long as they could get the emulation running smooth.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

What I don't get is why none of the gameboy pokemon games were released, are they afraid of money or something?

I still have pretty much all the DS games I'd care to play again so ... meh from me too unless the games are enhanced resolution wise or something.

Weren't we supposed to get GBA games on Wii U VC too? That was announced like a year ago.

Around the Network
lucidium said:
What I don't get is why none of the gameboy pokemon games were released, are they afraid of money or something?

Nintendo usually doesn't want to re-release a game unless you can get all the features the original game had. Trading would be impossible on VC, unless they add an online functionality to the game.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I mean I guess that's cool... kind of weird to announce that before N64 games though, right?

And what about GBA?

I don't get it.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

basically they will want to port Brain training, Nintenddogs and such to WiiU with close to zero cost.
it is a nice bussiness but not for the gamers.

It is going to be a nice addition to the Wii U library.

However, I do not understand why they are not going release DS games on the 3DS eShop too. I mean, the hardware is already backward compatible, so what would prevent them from releasing digital versions of the DS games for it?

osed125 said:
lucidium said:

Nintendo usually doesn't want to re-release a game unless you can get all the features the original game had. Trading would be impossible on VC, unless they add an online functionality to the game.

They've had the emulator since Wii and been releasing hardware gameboy add sons since the SNES, they could easilly add network support for sharing/trading if they wanted to, its not even like they have to emulate network code its simply moving port data over the net instead of a hard cable.

Nintendo's priorities are questionable to say the least