By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Retrospectative trailer (spoilers)

Hey lovely people. 

I just saw this up on youtube, from the Sony channel and since nobody seems to have posted, I figured I'd share this with the rest of ya.
It's a trailer basically detailing the story of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, leading up to Lighting Returns. Whether you like the games or not, I think most people will find this rather pleasant. As stated, the trailer obviously contains spoilers...not that anybody cares at this point but better safe than reported

Without further ado, enjoy all this 90's JRPG goodness. (link also posted below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NFmP4fVBqA

Oh good, you're still here. What did you guys think? I actually enjoyed it a lot, granted i have not finished FFXIII-2 yet so I didn't watch all of the trailer but I do plan to finish the game when I can get my hands on it again. I still have high hopes for Lighting Returns and I I hope many of you guys share the same sentiment.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:

not that anybody cares at this point but better safe than reported

I care! I'm about to beat XIII for the first time!

Thanks for the advise :D

Yeah... too bad that wasnt available a few years ago. Would've saved me some wasted hours.

The combat system is leagues better on this version though.

Wright said:
Areym said:

not that anybody cares at this point but better safe than reported

I care! I'm about to beat XIII for the first time!

Thanks for the advise :D

No problemo. Go ahead and have a blast. The ending is pretty feel-good.

I think that's faux 16-bit.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Yeah... too bad that wasnt available a few years ago. Would've saved me some wasted hours.

The combat system is leagues better on this version though.

Not really. The FFXIII was not the best but certainly better than the regular turn-based. It's a little more fast-paced and way more strategic. It gave you a chance to react to your enemies attacks and counter appropietely. I was really impressed to see a sentinel-style class on it, to have a party member that actually tanks, not just some bum with a lot more HP than the others.

FFXIII gets too much hate for being a depature from the regular FF, much like the shit that FFXII (which just so happens to be my favorite FF) but sometimes you gotta spice it up, try something new, live mas, i don't know.

badgenome said:

I think that's faux 16-bit.

Hell, I wouldn't know. I literally did a image google search to figure out which was the correct bit for the title. It only confused me further so there's that.

8 Bits my ass, this looks like FF2 and FF3 on the SNES

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
8 Bits my ass, this looks like FF2 and FF3 on the SNES

Your face looks 8 bit....seriously though, i think i should have left out the 8 bit, i wasn't sure which was which. If a mod could fix that for me, that would be nice. My ignorance is showing :(

Areym said:

Your face looks 8 bit....seriously though, i think i should have left out the 8 bit, i wasn't sure which was which. If a mod could fix that for me, that would be nice.

Ooh, burn!

You can edit it if you just click "edit thread".