By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Elder Scrolls Online won't require Plus on PS4, but will require Gold on X1

Game plays close to skyim, yet people saying it looks terrible? Seems people just want to hate on the game without merit.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Nem said:
Does it matter? The game is terrible anyways.

Oh damn.... you were caught trashing a game that is not out yet.

I still am annoyed i have to pay $10 a month if I want to watch the netflix service I pay for on my 360.

Its not out yet, but i doesnt mean no one hasnt been able to play it.

Nem said:
chocoloco said:
Nem said:
Does it matter? The game is terrible anyways.

Oh damn.... you were caught trashing a game that is not out yet.

I still am annoyed i have to pay $10 a month if I want to watch the netflix service I pay for on my 360.

Its not out yet, but i doesnt mean i havent been able to play it.

whatever.

FlamingWeazel said:
Game plays close to skyim, yet people saying it looks terrible? Seems people just want to hate on the game without merit.

No. The problem is collision detection is terrible, it doesnt feel like skyrim at all (the customisation is completely different aswell), its not visceral at all. Also, it doesnt feel like an Elder Scrolls game. Its a WoW clone, theme park type of MMO. There is no open-endness you would expect from Elder scrolls games.

That is why it gets trashed. Cause instead of doing an Elder Scrolls game, they did a poor WoW clone. They were afraid to believe that people would accept the Elder Scrolls design on an MMO. Dumb mistake. That is exactly what people wanted. Now, they are gonna try to push this out of the door and have it sell on The elder scrolls brand. I imagine it will get ugly and will go F2P really fast.

Believe me, i was excited for this game. Thats why i am so direly disappointed. You can check all of this on the Neogaf thread.

FlamingWeazel said:
vivster said:
I'm getting tired of this argument. Let me just guess the percentage of players that play online without PS+..... -2%

HUH? You realize only half of xbox users have live gold right? Many players on console do not play online still.

Sure and those players who don't play online will certainly be the first people to buy TES Online.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I wonder why MS changed this policy from current gen. Either way, good on Sony, and this might be a big deal to a minority of people on Live for like.. 3-4 months before the inevitable shift to F2P.

vivster said:
FlamingWeazel said:
vivster said:
I'm getting tired of this argument. Let me just guess the percentage of players that play online without PS+..... -2%

HUH? You realize only half of xbox users have live gold right? Many players on console do not play online still.

Sure and those players who don't play online will certainly be the first people to buy TES Online.

Now that there is no paywall they might. Elder scrolls is a big franchise.

expected.

Nem said:
FlamingWeazel said:

No. The problem is collision detection is terrible, it doesnt feel like skyrim at all (the customisation is completely different aswell), its not visceral at all. Also, it doesnt feel like an Elder Scrolls game. Its a WoW clone, theme park type of MMO. There is no open-endness you would expect from Elder scrolls games.

That is why it gets trashed. Cause instead of doing an Elder Scrolls game, they did a poor WoW clone. They were afraid to believe that people would accept the Elder Scrolls design on an MMO. Dumb mistake. That is exactly what people wanted. Now, they are gonna try to push this out of the door and have it sell on The elder scrolls brand. I imagine it will get ugly and will go F2P really fast.

Believe me, i was excited for this game. Thats why i am so direly disappointed. You can check all of this on the Neogaf thread.

Ah, a beta player.

Is it possible they can fix some of those issues before and after release? Or are they pretty fundamental to the game?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

This game looks really bad anyway, idk why anyone would pay $60 and then a montly fee for it.

I know. Why we get this game and not PSO2 is beyond me.