By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Racism in hollywood - iranian actress fed up of playing roles in terrorism storylines

I dont think it's THAT bad these days. Just avoid playing those types of roles like every other race tries to do.. for the most part.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Nem said:
Lol.. maybe she prefers unemployment. In her profession, she should be happy to have a job.

Yeah, how dare she put her beliefs before the almighty power of money!?!

: /

Let's be honest we would all bow down to the power of money. Money gets you girls and videogames. I never met any friend who can do that.

Money and I are Bros 4 life!

Well it's like I always say.

"Money can't buy you happiness... but a lack of money can make you fucking depressed pretty quick."

SlayerRondo said:
If their casting for middle eastern terrorist then it makes sense to get middle eastern people to play the roles.

I think the problem isn't so much that they're casting middle eastern terrorists so much as it is they aren't casting middle east anything else.

Every female lead in a love story is going to be a white woman,(or someone who passes) unless it's specfically targeting the black market.

Kasz216 said:
SlayerRondo said:
If their casting for middle eastern terrorist then it makes sense to get middle eastern people to play the roles.

I think the problem isn't so much that they're casting middle eastern terrorists so much as it is they aren't casting middle east anything else.

Every female lead in a love story is going to be a white woman,(or someone who passes) unless it's specfically targeting the black market.

I agree with what your saying but looking at it from their point of view they are a business. 

There most likely worried that when casting middle eastern people their audience will be distracted by the thought of terrorism.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
Kasz216 said:
SlayerRondo said:

I agree with what your saying but looking at it from their point of view they are a business. 

There most likely worried that when casting middle eastern people their audience will be distracted by the thought of terrorism.

Thinking about that is mildly humorous and mildly disturbing. The fact that people automatically jump to terrorism in completely unrelated contexts is the problem created by media...they can't use a problem that they created as an excuse to not do something. If we treated people like people no matter the race/religion etc then this would never be a problem in the first place and the first step to fixing it is not just sitting in the same rut we are currently in.

Yes, of course it is a buisness but not every film needs to be a blockbuster...seems there is the same problems in cinema as there are in gaming @.@

Around the Network

Frida Pinto seems to be doing well. How come she's not being typecast?

Oh boy, that video was difficult to sit through.

Well look on the bright side... terrorism has created a lot of job opportunities!

Hollywood could easily give all those jobs to Latins. I think Native Americans are often played by Italians.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

First world problems? First world problems.

sundin13 said:
SlayerRondo said:
Kasz216 said:
SlayerRondo said:

Thinking about that is mildly humorous and mildly disturbing. The fact that people automatically jump to terrorism in completely unrelated contexts is the problem created by media...they can't use a problem that they created as an excuse to not do something. If we treated people like people no matter the race/religion etc then this would never be a problem in the first place and the first step to fixing it is not just sitting in the same rut we are currently in.

Yes, of course it is a buisness but not every film needs to be a blockbuster...seems there is the same problems in cinema as there are in gaming @.@

Well the media is not one cohesive mass so not everyone can be blamed for the perceptive as middle easteners being terrorist.

And while you may not think money is a good excuse for not casting middle eastern people to those who's job it is to make money are not going to cast people who will hurt the box office.

And treating middle eastern people equally is not the problem for the movie executives its the perception of middle eastern being related to terrorism. Changing people's built up perceptions is much harder than getting them to treat middle easteners the same.

And while every film does not need to be a blockbuster they are not going to actively make decisions they believe will hurt the box office.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Hollywood is a business like any other, and as a business they cater to their customers(the audience). Right now americans love winning over the terrorists. So they make alot of films and shows about such a topic. It happened with russians, koreans, and chinese... If she doesnt like playing those roles she has another option, She can try other film and movie scenes around the world or more independent films. Those producers and writers will cast them for other parts.

This is the way it has always been, her complaining about it is stupid. Its like getting a job a mcdonalds and complaining you have to make burgers.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz