By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Racism in hollywood - iranian actress fed up of playing roles in terrorism storylines

dsage01 said:
NintendoPie said:

Still when it comes to non white actors hollywood has been a let down most of the time not giving roles to actors that are mostly brown and asian and making you believe that they look like this:

When infact mainstream bollywood stars look far better than Hollywood stars. For example:

*facepalm* So instead of casting Indians that look Indian, Hollywood should cast Indians that look white. Thats your idea of diversity?

Around the Network

People want good looking men in movies and the beauty norms in our countries is " white hot muscle bear " and never " indian muscle bear " ( in movies, indians will always be the clowns, the sellers, the taxi drivers, never the main character ( except in slumdog millionnaire) ) , this is our society.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
People want good looking men in movies and the beauty norms in our countries is " white hot muscle bear " and never " indian muscle bear " ( in movies, indians will always be the clowns, the sellers, the taxi drivers, never the main character ( except in slumdog millionnaire) ) , this is our society.

Again with the "this is just the way things are" comments. If it was up to some of you we'd still be living in the dark ages. Just because hollywood tells us that something is the accepted norm doesn't mean there isn't a significant segment of the population that disagrees. Hollywood has tried to tell me that wiry thin flat booty chicks are attractive and I have never bought into that. Maybe Hollywood needs to open their minds a bit.

wilco said:
dsage01 said:
NintendoPie said:

Still when it comes to non white actors hollywood has been a let down most of the time not giving roles to actors that are mostly brown and asian and making you believe that they look like this:

When infact mainstream bollywood stars look far better than Hollywood stars. For example:

*facepalm* So instead of casting Indians that look Indian, Hollywood should cast Indians that look white. Thats your idea of diversity?

First off they don't look white and their accents are pretty heavy.

Secondly hollywood cast good looking white people, black people (rarely good looking asian people) and almost never good looking Indian people. They sterotype them to be scrawy little nerdy guys or doctors when they can also look like as shown above. (The man with the 6 pac has won sexiest man alive many times). I'm not saying they shouldn't cast people like Kal Penn because some Indians do look like that and he is a great actor and is having a pretty sucesful acting career as well as being a politican.  

SxyxS said:
GamechaserBE said:
the2real4mafol said:
Talk about stereotyping! People need to realise you get non-Muslim "terrorists" too. Just look at the US government.

=p I was just reading this:

Considering the fact that Obama has a 100% muslim Name(Hussein)+a Name that is used by jews and muslims(barak)

the paradoxy is impossible to top ("you get non muslims too" in combination with a barak hussein bomb picture confirmed the muslim-bombing stereotype 100% while trying to achieve the opposite.

this two posts made me laugh a lot.

That Norwegian massacrer Anders Bering Brevik is a terrorist and yet he ain't seen in the same way Muslims are on this topic. Almost the same thing with the IRA. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I bet she is having a better time than a Jewish actor in Iran. And certainly better than an out gay or lesbian actor in Iran.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Kasz216 said:
SlayerRondo said:
If their casting for middle eastern terrorist then it makes sense to get middle eastern people to play the roles.

I think the problem isn't so much that they're casting middle eastern terrorists so much as it is they aren't casting middle east anything else.

Every female lead in a love story is going to be a white woman,(or someone who passes) unless it's specfically targeting the black market.

But alnost all terrorism these days is committed by muslims, you could make a point that they've earned their reputation

Maybe she should write a movie or a show about a where the middle eastern person is in a non stereotypical role and find investors to make said movie or show.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Some people dont want the rules of their country to change for others but want the rules of other countries to change for them.

Sorry, it doesnt work like that.