By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII series sold over 10 million games, do they deserve it?

Chris Hu said:
Serious_frusting said:
I hated FF13 so much i refused to purchase aother FF game again. So no they dot deserve it. By the looks of it many people agreed with me ad spoke with purchases.

I aint going to get FF15 at launch. I will wait to see what type of reception it gets. Wish they would remake FF3 on the snes for modern cosoles with all the bells and whistles.

That is FFVI it did get re-released on the PS1, GBA, and will soon be on android and iOs devices.

Yh i know i just am a dickhead in that regard. My cartridge says FF iii. So thats what i will call it. I know it is the 6th game because Japan hoarded the other three. 

I dont mean a re-release. I am talking about a full scale remake. No more sprites. I am talking about graphics on par with PS3 FF games.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Lightning Returns isn't on Xbox one

LOLVGChartz

007BondAgent said:
Lightning Returns isn't on Xbox one

LOLVGChartz

But still they got the lifetime sales for X1 right. Go VGCHARTZ!

@OP They don't deserve this. It should've sold much more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Compared to the actual sales FF13 and other FF games it is one of the worst in terms of the single game sales.
But OT: I don't believe it deserves any of the decent amount of sales the Original FF13 has, this game gave me a very bad taste in my mouth about future SquareEnix titles.
Probably my biggest disappointment of this last generation.

When you sell something it deserves being sold, apparently.

The XIII series have done ok saleswise. XIII was meh to me, I enjoyed part 2 more but the problem would be FF not living up to the incredible standards the series has set for itself. And I don't think they will ever get back on that track even though I will continue playing them for now.

Around the Network
weaveworld said:

The XIII series have done ok saleswise. XIII was meh to me, I enjoyed part 2 more but the problem would be FF not living up to the incredible standards the series has set for itself. And I don't think they will ever get back on that track even though I will continue playing them for now.

This is probably what rubbed people the wrong way including me, just that they have re-released a lot of the previous final fantasy's is evidence enough of this with how well they have sold.

Muffin31190 said:
weaveworld said:

This is probably what rubbed people the wrong way including me, just that they have re-released a lot of the previous final fantasy's is evidence enough of this with how well they have sold.

Just a simple thought coming to mind... Would XIII be considered a 'masterpiece' if they had never done any re-releases, spinoffs or remakes whatsoever? You know, being so scarcely around that people just love it for finally being able to play a new FF with new characters and all that.

Heck no.. XIII and XIII-2  are the absolute worst FF games ever made ( excluding All the Bravest).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

weaveworld said:
Muffin31190 said:
weaveworld said:

Just a simple thought coming to mind... Would XIII be considered a 'masterpiece' if they had never done any re-releases, spinoffs or remakes whatsoever? You know, being so scarcely around that people just love it for finally being able to play a new FF with new characters and all that.

Maybe not a masterpiece but it possibly could have been considered good or even better but we will probly never know :/

FlamingWeazel said:
No, selling on name alone ff13 was terrible. Way better rpg's around, series needs an overhaul.

Please. You mind naming me a few on the PS3 platform that are better than the FFXIII trilogy.