By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I went to Best Buy yesterday....

Nsanity said:

Fact of the matter is that a system with more hardware sold and 100 bucks cheaper has sold less software, so  just deal with it and move on.

When I said the opposite?

I said this is false "People lead us to believe that the Xbox One wasn't selling by posting random pictures of boxes, but NPD proved them wrong."

You started to change the subject I only followed your way of thinking.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

Funny and excuses are two completely different things.

Yeap... I agree... I'm reading your posts what make it funny because you know what your are doing and even so continue.

Fact of the matter is that a system with more hardware sold and 100 bucks cheaper has sold less software, so  just deal with it and move on.

Not going to happnen, this will continue.

Looks like you were right.

ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

When I said the opposite?

I said this is false "People lead us to believe that the Xbox One wasn't selling by posting random pictures of boxes, but NPD proved them wrong."

You started to change the subject I only follow your way of thinking.

What about the software disparity. Which I think is the point he was making.

Best buy stores in general order a lot of consoles I believe. My best buy had around 80 wiiUs and 40 Xbones. They also had tons of ps3s and xbox360s.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

fastyxx said:
But if they sell the same amount, what difference does it make at this point in the gen? I really don't think anyone is walking into a store wanting an Xbox and then saying "Oh there's too many of them on the shelf. I better not buy it."

Exactly. People don't just walk into a store and go and buy a $400/500 console. Most people do their research first and know which console they want before they go and spend that much money. So just because its in stock won't deter anybody from purchasing one. And Sony isn't doing itself any favors by not shipping enough. They are just losing sales to customers who don't want to wait months to get a PS4. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Figgycal said:

Software disparity was his first try to change the subject.

I awnsed with that.

What that means?

3rd-party sold more on PS4... more than the difference of 200k hardware units sold... so what make Xbone sell more retail software? I have some points:

1. Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse, Zumba Fitness, Fighter Within and Zoo Tycoon vs Killzone and Knack... Xbone had more retail exclusives that sold together 1.5m units (~1.4 wiht Forza, DR and Ryse and ~80k with the others)... PS4 had two exclusive with ~500k Killzone and ~100k Knack... that is a 900k difference in retail sales.

2. PS4 had a lot of digital games at launch... free: Resogun, Contrast, DCOU, Warframe, Blacklight: Retribution... paid: Flower, Sound Shapes, Super Motherload, etc.... Xbone had what? Killer Instinct and two or three games... PS4 guys had more options of games to play than Xbone but not at retail.

3. PS3 to PS4 $10 plan and the digital version of the retail games.

I think these three points explain what happened.

BTW Xbone sold 400k digital copies of games... we didn't know how much PS4 sold... I'm not saying PS4 sold more software in US than Xbone... I'm saying that what happened is reasonable.

ethomaz said:

Figgycal said:

Software disparity was his first try to change the subject.

I awnsed with that.

What that means?

3rd-party sold more on PS4... more than the difference of 200k hardware units sold... so what make Xbone sell more retail software? I have some points:

1. Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse, Zumba Fitness, Fighter Within and Zoo Tycoon vs Killzone and Knack... Xbone had more retail exclusives that sold together 1.5m units (~1.4 wiht Forza, DR and Ryse and ~80k with the others)... PS4 had two exclusive with ~500k Killzone and ~100k Knack... that is a 900k difference in retail sales.

2. PS4 had a lot of digital games at launch... free: Resogun, Contrast, DCOU, Warframe, Blacklight: Retribution... paid: Flower, Sound Shapes, Super Motherload, etc.... Xbone had what? Killer Instinct and two or three games... PS4 guys had more options of games to play than Xbone but not at retail.

3. PS3 to PS4 $10 plan and the digital version of the retail games.

I think these three points explain what happened.

BTW Xbone sold 400k digital copies of games... we didn't know how much PS4 sold.

KI, Peggle 2, Crimson Dragon, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Lococycle, Powerstar Golf, Halo Spartan Assault.

Figgycal said:

I just got back from Best Buy also.

Can't see the pics :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Where did you get the Xbox One sold 400k digital copies of games from?

vivster said:
Figgycal said:

I just got back from Best Buy also.

Can't see the pics :(

Really. Is it just blank? I see it on my screen.