By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I went to Best Buy yesterday....

ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-december-npd

"Fans continue to show their excitement for new generation Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.9 games* per console since launch.

*retail and digital (internal Microsoft data)"

PS. I don't know why did you posted this Aaron's tweet... he is talking about 4.8m retail... 5.2m is retail + digital... for a console supposed to be digital only 400k units is really low.

That became obselete when Family Sharing left.

Around the Network

jlmurph2 said:

Just wanted to make it clear that there's a good amount of Retail and digital X1 games available, didn't really care much about the "PS4 has more digital" statement. Plus its been confirmed that the first ID@Xbox games drop in March. With those and the Project Spark/Titanfall betas in February, there's not too much to worry about.

Yes

I know... I just wanted to say:

Retail Games: Xbone > PS4
Digital Games: PS4 > Xbone
Overall PS4 have close to 15 titles more available.

So why people are surprised that Xbone sold more on retail with more titles?

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Just wanted to make it clear that there's a good amount of Retail and digital X1 games available, didn't really care much about the "PS4 has more digital" statement. Plus its been confirmed that the first ID@Xbox games drop in March. With those and the Project Spark/Titanfall betas in February, there's not too much to worry about.

Yes

I know... I just wanted to say:

Retail Games: Xbone > PS4
Digital Games: PS4 > Xbone
Overall PS4 have close to 15 titles more available.

So why people are surprised that Xbone sold more on retail with more titles?

I'm sure X1 sold more digital exclusives too, since most on PS4 were free or available if bought on Vita or PS3. 

ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-december-npd

"Fans continue to show their excitement for new generation Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.9 games* per console since launch.

*retail and digital (internal Microsoft data)"

PS. I don't know why did you posted this Aaron's tweet... he is talking about 4.8m retail... 5.2m is retail + digital... for a console supposed to be digital only 400k units is really low.

It does look quite low compared to the 360 , also what were the digital sales of the PS4?

pezus said:
Again, PS4 owners got lots of free digital games to choose from (Plus or otherwise). The best next-gen exclusive was free for Plus owners, for example.

Are the games for keeps or rental?

Around the Network

Nsanity said:

It does look quite low compared to the 360 , also what were the digital sales of the PS4?

Nobody knows.... Sony shared the WW numbers for retail + digital: 9.7m... so 5.4m are the games sales for Europe + LA + Asia/ME plus the digital.

What we can guess with these numbers....

1. PS4 sold ~2.2m hardware units outside US.
2. PS4 had a 2.1 attach ratio with Retail in US.
3. Software rate in US is bigger than every other place in the world.

Now the maths using the 2.1 ratio for the places outside US...

2.1 ratio > ~2.2m hardware = ~4.6m software = 800k digital WW
2.0 ratio > ~2.2m hardware = ~4.4m software = 1m digital WW
1.9 ratio > ~2.2m hardware = ~4.2m software = 1.2m digital WW
1.8 ratio > ~2.2m hardware = ~4.0m software = 1.4m digital WW

Everything lies in the software attach rate for the countries outside US... and using the (3) point (US attach rate is bigger than any other country in the world) you can start looking to over 1 million digital sales WW.

1 million digital for 4.2million hardware > 400k digital for 1.8m hardware

ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

Nobody knows.... Sony shared the WW numbers for retail + digital: 9.7m... so 5.4m are the games sales for Europe + LA + Asia/ME plus the digital.

Everything lies in the software attach rate for the countries outside US... and using the (3) point (US attach rate is bigger than any other country in the world) you can start looking to over 1 million digital sales WW.

Nobody knows? That's all i needed to hear.

Nsanity said:

That's all i need to hear.

So why did you asked? You need to learn to read what the other write too.

ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

1 million digital for 4.2million hardware > 400k digital for 1.8m hardware

That 9.7m includes digital? Since when? We have the same numbers here for January 11th. 9.3 from the 4th with 500k raise from the 28th. So that's 3 days from 2013 that have to be accounted for from that 500k. I'd say about 680k digital WW at the end of 2013.

jlmurph2 said:

That 9.7m includes digital? Since when? We have the same numbers here for January 11th.

Since Sony announced it.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140108a_e.html

"PS4 software sales remained strong through the holiday season with more than 9.7million *2 copies sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store."

BTW it is not shipment... it is sales to consumers...

"Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI. PS4 Software sales data in Europe and Asia collected 11/29/13 – 12/31/2013. PS4 Software sales data in North America and Latin America collected 11/15/13 – 12/28/2013(some data collected 11/15/13 – 12/31/2013)."